Vetta II question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta II question

The Vetta II seems to have everything I am looking for in a combo amp. I have not had a chance to play through one yet and I am wondering if it can be played easily at bedroom levels or is it to loud even at the lowest settings. I have two small kids and the only time I get to practice is after they go to bed. I wish they made this in a 1x12 combo.

I have a VettaII combo, and I live in a small apartment, so I have to keep it down most of the time.

To start, the Vettas have a 1/2 power mode which on the combo, cuts the output from 150 watts to 75. This makes it easier to adjust the volume in small increments. I have no problem dialing in high-gain sounds that are quiet enough to play at night when my daughter is sleeping. The current version of the software (2.5) also has a loudness feature you can turn on/off to compensate for the loss of bass frequencies at the lower volumes. One thing to keep in mind is that any patches you setup at low volume will need to be re-done when playing at higher volume, and they will not sound the same.

The combo also has a headphone jack. This will enable the MIC sims that the Direct Outs use, and sound more like a mic'd amp than the speakers.

I have mine in my living room, and can play while watching tv, and have the amp set so that I can still hear the tv at a normal level, and also be able to hear the amp.

Hope that helps..

Comment

Yeah on 1/2 power you can keep it plenty quiet

Comment

sounds like yet another reason to get a Vetta.
        is there anything these machines cannot do?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Nope.......

I have many choices, but honestly, since the new fixes came out, I rarely play anything else.

The best home amp ever. Period. Hooked up with the editing software, your imagination is the only boundary.

Shawn
          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

They require a lot of patience. I haven't had much time to mess with mine yet, but it just sounds OK right now. Lots of tweaking to do still

Comment

Thanks guys for the information. Well those answers have made my decision so I will be making the plunge sometime soon.

Comment

FYI ..find a Vetta 1 and update the software ..other than adding the VDI it's the same amp at less cash
                Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
                  FYI ..find a Vetta 1 and update the software ..other than adding the VDI it's the same amp at less cash
                  i thought i read somewhere you also have to add a board on the vetta 1's to make them completly like a vetta 2. I think it has something to do with direct outs or something, but i dont remember exactly.

Comment

Yep, the VDI board Kev mentioned. It's like $100 from Line 6.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne

Yeah I actually saw one on ebay boxed for $49 recently too
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by YetAnotherOne
                        Duh on me, you think i would have saw that in his post, just goes to show you should not post when you first wake up and still have crap in your eyes!

Comment

Working...
                        X