Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson strob stomp

Anyone here use one? Comments?
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

I was going to buy 2 rack tuners to put in my racks then, I heard about the Peterson Strobo Stomp. I took the plunge and dropped the idea of buying the rack tuners because I can use it for any and all of my setups. I am a bit of an obsessive cumpulsive so it takes a while for me to tune with it (because I won't stop until the strobe stops moving) but, I am getting better at doing it quickly now. Great tuner and it is the only one I would just play guitar after using it without double checking by playing chords or something.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I use the V-SAM for set-ups and in the studio but onstage I use a BOSS TU-2 because it is durable, reliable and easy to use. I'd pull my hair out trying to strobe my guitar between songs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
        I use the V-SAM for set-ups and in the studio but onstage I use a BOSS TU-2 because it is durable, reliable and easy to use. I'd pull my hair out trying to strobe my guitar between songs!!
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Actually, I just finished restringing 3 guitars just now... I did them VERY quick... I AMAZED myself... I guess I am used to the Peterson now.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I have read some reviews that mention reliability issues. Anyone here run into that?
            "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

I love mine - fantastic for setting intonation too. No problems yet, but I've only played about 1/2 dozen gigs with it.

pete

Comment

I've had mine since they came out. Maybe 2 years ago. No issues to speak of. They are the best IMO. They have the Buzz F. tuning setup in them too.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I bought a VS-I when they first came out thinking I was going to return it due to the "how good can a $200 tuner be?" mentality. I still have it 4 years later! I like it so much that I bought a Strobostomp when they came out. The Peterson Virtual Strobes are the best thing to come along in the portable tuner arena EVER IMO.

Comment

I freaking love mine too. Best tuner I've had. No reliability issues, no prblems. They are a bit expensive but worth it 100%.

Comment

I used to use their model 100 strobe onstage 20 years ago...it was a smaller budget version to the full blown concert tuner that uses LEDs as the stobe. I still have it around here somewhere. I used to use the concert tuner before that...I had been seeing this new tuner in the ads and wondering how it performed as opposed to a TU2 style and the ease of use onstage.

I've been debating on how I would get used to using a strobe again for in between song/set tuning.
                      If the display is easy to read..no issues..then it is just the cost deters me from taking the plunge.

Comment

Working...
                      X