No announcement yet.

BBE Sonic Maximizer for Peavey VTM-60?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBE Sonic Maximizer for Peavey VTM-60?

I know that there are a lot of anti-BBE folks around here, but several people who think that the Sonic Maximizer can really improve the sound of a Peavey 5150. I'm curious if anyone has tried one with a Peavey VTM. I have a VTM-60 that sounds pretty decent on its own, but the distortion just seems loose and unfocused. Right now, I run my ART Xtreme distortion into the VTM-60 with the amp dialed in clean, the treble/presence backed way off and the mids/lows boosted. Without the Xtreme, I can balance the EQ much better for a good tone, but it has no punch.

This isn't something I want to throw much money at, so I'm hoping someone has tried the BBE/VTM combination...
    sigpic

A amp will IMMEDIATELY let you know if it likes the BBE 422a or 422 (the only ones I'll ever use!) , or not.

It is a NOT a one size fits all unit..

My Recto hated it, so did my Mesa III's, Soldanos , and it sounds like complete ass anywhere near the signal path of my Uber.

They sound GREAT with 5150s and some Marshalls I've had.. and I heard it wake up a Crate BV 120 at Guitar Center..and that was a newer unit I don't like ..umm..the 462 or 482(?)..but it did improve the Crate to all ears concerned.

Chances are that Peavey VTM 60 will do fine with it if I had to take a guess..it will let you know instantly!

Bill
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have a VTM60 as well and would also like to know how the two work together.

Comment

Working...
      X