Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan DMLW Set

Hey guys,

I got a chance to play the LTD DV8 with these new pickups and I've gotta say they sound incredible. I'm not a huge fan of EMG's or active pickups in general although I think they sound good, just not for me, but I was really surprised by these. The neck pickup really did remind me of the Jazz(n). Very clean and bright tones, just with a bit more output. The bridge pickup had the mids I liked about the JB, and it drove the amp and really gave ya a kick in the face tone. It wasen't as scooped as "generic" sounding to me as the 81 (and I only compare em because they are one of the most popular active bridge pickups), but had the tone I loved. It wasen't too fat sounding either as some passives would be in a guitar with certain woods, but kinda had the right amount of highs and lows for an EQ to really do some tone shaping, but still not lose what the pickups give to it. It's kinda hard to explain unless your playing through em and you really get an idea of what I'm talking about, but it's a highly aggressive JB which I loved. I'm working with Matt on a custom soloist, and I think these are now going in em. The LTD itself played ok, and I was surprised because the body isn't as big and clunky as I thought, but I still wouldn't really buy it (no trem and it didn't play as well as I'd like, not because of the name). Good stuff either way, if you can try the guitar out (I don't think anything else has em stock) or have a guitar to try these out with, go for it.

- Irf -

I have a set of these myself and they are definately more responsive than a regular set of Jazz/JB pickups. Not sterile sounding at all.

Comment

Tried them in a LTD Axxion and really liked the pups. Thinking about putting a set in one of guitars.

Comment

Working...
      X