No announcement yet.

Stiletto Deuce.. what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiletto Deuce.. what am I doing wrong?

Just got one. I'm not doing something right!!

I have the 2 button footswitch and the stereo cable for it. I plug it in the front of the amp in the footswitch jack.

With the loop switch engaged or disengaged neither the master Output knob nor the Solo knob do anything at all.
    If I activate the loop the volume level is so low its barely audible and turning the loop level knob only slightly increases the volume.
    It the loop switch is off the amp works perfectly but the solo feature and the master output don't work.

What the hell am I doing wrong??

Originally posted by jgcable
    Just got one. I'm not doing something right!!

I have the 2 button footswitch and the stereo cable for it. I plug it in the front of the amp in the footswitch jack.

With the loop switch engaged or disengaged neither the master Output knob nor the Solo knob do anything at all.
    If I activate the loop the volume level is so low its barely audible and turning the loop level knob only slightly increases the volume.
    It the loop switch is off the amp works perfectly but the solo feature and the master output don't work.

What the hell am I doing wrong??
    Look on mesa's website. They have a pretty good library of user manuals. Even if yours is a rev I, it should apply.

Also, if the amp has a tube dedicated to reverb send/return, you could have a bad tube!

Pete

Comment

John, it was working fine three days ago. I had a dude playing through it and it switched channels fine and was screaming load. I also had my G-major in the loop and that switched channels fine as well. I highly doubt it, but if it's a bad tube let me know and I'll take care of it. Check out the manual It's all in there.

That is the way it works with the loop switch off. It bypasses the master volume section.

I'm sure it's nothing, but if there is something wrong please PM me and I'll take care of it.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Here's one thing, you have to make sure the channel toggle switch is in the middle position or the footswitch won't work. it's either the top channel middle (footswitchable) or the bottom channel. It's the tiny switch next to the preamp controls.

Comment

I tried all of the above. With the loop engaged I get barely any volume at all. I am gonna check the tube now.

Comment

I changed the tube. No luck.
            With the loop switch engaged (on) the amp only gets as loud as a bedroom level. The solo button works. I have to turn the master output up to 9 in order to get even a low volume. When I switch the loop off the solo control and the master output control are both bypassed. It says they should be in the manual. If I activate the loop switch on the back, the amp gets no louder than bedroom level.

Comment

So I put my G-Major in the loop. I activate the loop switch and I check to see what kind of signal the G-Major is receiving.
              With the loop level control pegged the G-Major is barely even getting a signal. Something is drastically wrong here. I changed V4 which is the loop tube and it didn't do anything.

Comment

I'll come over. I can be there by 10.

Comment

Now THAT is service!
                  The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Yep, Jim came over and wisked the amp off to repair land. He is one heck of a good friend.

Comment

I have had 3 stilletos come inmy store like this, all three from the same batch, all three went back
                      I also got a roadking and a triple recto that did this.......hummmm

*that's a humm of disaproval, not what the amp was doing, they did nothing"

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect
                        I have had 3 stilletos come inmy store like this, all three from the same batch, all three went back
                        I also got a roadking and a triple recto that did this.......hummmm

*that's a humm of disaproval, not what the amp was doing, they did nothing"

Chris
                        Thanks for the info. The amp has a 5 year transferrable warranty so I should be ok. Its in mint condition and I have all the factory paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                          The amp has a 5 year transferrable warranty so I should be ok.
                          That's only if the original owner gives you the receipt and paperwork. When I had a reverb problem on my F-30, they wouldn't help me since I had no proof of purchase! I did have the original box and manuals and everything, though, but I was at least the third owner of the amp and they didn't want to help, told me I was basically out of luck for warranty work and had to find someone else to fix it.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                            That's only if the original owner gives you the receipt and paperwork. When I had a reverb problem on my F-30, they wouldn't help me since I had no proof of purchase! I did have the original box and manuals and everything, though, but I was at least the third owner of the amp and they didn't want to help, told me I was basically out of luck for warranty work and had to find someone else to fix it.
                            I kinda thought that may be the case. Any way, It's not Johns problem. I know a local guy that I can bring it to to fix it if it's not going to be covered by warranty. It's wierd. I played through this amp on Sunday and it was fine and now this. Oh well.

What ever it takes to get this fixed is worth it for me. He got the Stiletto and I got his beloved Soldano rig. It's like I took Supermans powers away from him and left him with a big chunk of Kryptonite!

I'll let you know when it's done John. Sorry about all this.

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda
                              I kinda thought that may be the case. Any way, It's not Johns problem. I know a local guy that I can bring it to to fix it if it's not going to be covered by warranty. It's wierd. I played through this amp on Sunday and it was fine and now this. Oh well.

What ever it takes to get this fixed is worth it for me. He got the Stiletto and I got his beloved Soldano rig. It's like I took Supermans powers away from him and left him with a big chunk of Kryptonite!

I'll let you know when it's done John. Sorry about all this.
                              No sweat bro. I'll pay for the repair.

Comment

Working...
                              X