Stiletto Deuce.. what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sambencuda
    It's like I took Supermans powers away from him and left him with a big chunk of Kryptonite!
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
      No sweat bro. I'll pay for the repair.

No way dude. I'll take care of it. Imagine if you bought this off of eBay. It's the sellers responsibility to make it right. It's not like it happened after you got it. You never even got the thing fired up in the first place! I don't think this will be a major repair anyway.
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

The problem is playing a stiletto....:P mesa makes so many good amps, why their bum of the line :P (just fussin with ya).

I'd see if you could find out the store it was ORIGINALLY bought from and who ORIGINALLY bought it. Either get ahold of the original owner and have them get ahold of the store, or show the store proof of purchase from that owner, and say that you want a receipt with the serial number on it, that shows proof of purchase, so you can have it repaired under warranty.

If I am right on this, you have to keep tax documents on file for 7 years, and that would include receipts...which means with a little arm twisting, you could probably get the receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb
          The problem is playing a stiletto....:P mesa makes so many good amps, why their bum of the line :P (just fussin with ya).

I'd see if you could find out the store it was ORIGINALLY bought from and who ORIGINALLY bought it. Either get ahold of the original owner and have them get ahold of the store, or show the store proof of purchase from that owner, and say that you want a receipt with the serial number on it, that shows proof of purchase, so you can have it repaired under warranty.

If I am right on this, you have to keep tax documents on file for 7 years, and that would include receipts...which means with a little arm twisting, you could probably get the receipt.
          Yea, the general consensus on the Stiletto is YUCK. Personally, I think Mesa should have left the Marshall tones to... well.... MARSHALL.
          For me.. its strickly a case of amp gas. I loved my Soldano rack system but I never use it because I play my Vetta live. For tweaking different tones at home the Soldano just wasn't tweakable. It was REALLY great at getting that killer Soldano high gain tone and the clean was a little above average. Especially for a high gain amp. The Stiletto Deuce on the other hand (once mine is working) is very tweakable. I might even send it to Voodoo to have it modded. Its just a mess around amp for me. My amp of choice is my Vetta.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            Yea, the general consensus on the Stiletto is YUCK. Personally, I think Mesa should have left the Marshall tones to... well.... MARSHALL.
            For me.. its strickly a case of amp gas. I loved my Soldano rack system but I never use it because I play my Vetta live. For tweaking different tones at home the Soldano just wasn't tweakable. It was REALLY great at getting that killer Soldano high gain tone and the clean was a little above average. Especially for a high gain amp. The Stiletto Deuce on the other hand (once mine is working) is very tweakable. I might even send it to Voodoo to have it modded. Its just a mess around amp for me. My amp of choice is my Vetta.
            I'm sure you won't keep it forever, but I'm sure you will be impressed with it John. I never looked at it as a Marshall clone. It's just a really good EL34 amp.

Agreed on the Vetta though. It's a monster for sure. At the end of the day, it's just easier to bring the Vetta to the gig. Hopefully the Soldano rig will give it a run for it's money.

Comment

Is this my old amp? I may be able to dig up the receipt somewhere if so. No promises but I'll give it a shot if this is the same amp. For what its worth, I never had any issues with it...it always sounded and performed awesome. And it did the Marshall thing better than any newer Marshalls, with a better clean tone to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe
                Is this my old amp? I may be able to dig up the receipt somewhere if so. No promises but I'll give it a shot if this is the same amp. For what its worth, I never had any issues with it...it always sounded and performed awesome. And it did the Marshall thing better than any newer Marshalls, with a better clean tone to boot.
                Thanks Rupe. Yep thats the one. I'll post here when I hear from the guy. No woriies Rupe. It was 100% when i had it as well. It's just one of the freak things.

Comment

Originally posted by sambencuda
                  I'm sure you won't keep it forever, but I'm sure you will be impressed with it John. I never looked at it as a Marshall clone. It's just a really good EL34 amp.

Agreed on the Vetta though. It's a monster for sure. At the end of the day, it's just easier to bring the Vetta to the gig. Hopefully the Soldano rig will give it a run for it's money.
                  I can't wait to get it back!!!

Comment

Vetta's Are second to none. I can say this as I have owned many many many boogies but only one Vetta

Comment

Working...
                    X