kickass pedal alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kickass pedal alert

Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic. Uses two of these tiny medical tubes - they have to be soldered in, so it's not a swap out easily deal like a 12ax7. However, the pedal sounds GREAT. Two channel, with volume/gain on each, and a master bass/treble. True bypass. Got mine for $210 out the door at guitar center. Some of my boost/drive pedals are going on ebay soon.

Pete

post clips when you get around to it Pete

Comment

Hey, just stumbled across this, how's this for clips? Sounds pretty good to me! It's received rave reviews to. Maybe I should get one?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
      "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

It looks like really cool pedal. How come they would make it with soldered in tubes? Won't that be a pain in the ass when one goes bad?
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Anyone got a chance to compare this to, say, a Boss OD pedal? Is there a big difference between these two?
          "This ain't no Arsenio Hall show, destroy something!"

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
            Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic. Uses two of these tiny medical tubes - they have to be soldered in, so it's not a swap out easily deal like a 12ax7. However, the pedal sounds GREAT. Two channel, with volume/gain on each, and a master bass/treble. True bypass. Got mine for $210 out the door at guitar center. Some of my boost/drive pedals are going on ebay soon.

Pete
            That one and the Vox and Maxon tube overdrive/distortions are next on my list to try. I've have an Ibanez Tube King and Tube Driver,
            But so far nothing has come even close to the Tonebone Hot British tube distortion pedal!! You've got to do your self a favor and try one of these out thur a Plexi reissue or any other non master vol. tube amp and you'll be blown away!!

Comment

The tubes are soldered apparently because they are not expected to go bad for a while, I find that hard to believe because they are higher gain tubes than a 12ax7, by something like 300% (I could be wrong, I read that on the internet) haha

anyhow, they work so well because of thier high output.

I havn't heard the pedal but know a few guys who have em and love em.

Chris

Comment

I tried it out at GC... it made that solid state Marshall MG combo SING! Best pedal in the display (turbo tubescreamer, tubescreamer, big muff, wylde, mxr, pup booster, and one or two others)... going to have to pick one up to play with my Flexi-50! Thanks for the heads up!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

It sounded pretty tasty on the review CD-ROM that came with Guitar World magazine.

Comment

Working...
                  X