Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone seen or use this before "lightsnake power glow" (recording cable)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone seen or use this before "lightsnake power glow" (recording cable)

Saw this in "Target" for 39.99. just wondering if anyone has tried it.

http://www.soundtech.com/lightsnake/index.asp
    Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
    Amp... Pioneer
    Effects... Boss ME-20

I seen that the other day,,didn't have the cash on hand though..looks like a cool idea,,,,i'll have to pick one up this weekend,,,keep us posted if you get one first.
    MOSH ON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

It's parent company owns the washburn products, it can't be that bad for 39.99. I'll probably get one before to long.
      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
      Amp... Pioneer
      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Sup?

OK, i got this thing today,, so far the only thing that i have got it to record in is microsoft Sound recorder(as per the directions) but i can only hear what i have recorded after i have recorded it. but who the hell uses Sound recorder to record anything i then tried it on my other computer, same shit, i tried it in N.I.Guitar rig and Amplitube Live , it made some nasty sounds in Amplitube, and would cause Guitar rig to crash. it says on the box that its for NON asio devices, so tomorow i'm gonna do a little experiment, cause both of these computers have recording specific soundcards in them for multitracking, i'm gonna install a plain jane sound card and see if i can get it to do its thing and be able to direct monitor the sound. i know it will have some latency but i just want to see if any of my recording programs will even recongize it, right now both computers see it as a USB sound device, it shows up in the "sounds and multimedia" tab in the control panel, but none of my recording progs. see it . i think its gonna turn out to be a big P.O.S. either way,seems like they are haveing a number of people having issues with the product

http://www.soundtech.com/discuss/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=30

,,so we'll see. but either way i think it will be going back to Target...to be continued..........
        MOSH ON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

g.i.m.m.i.c.k.

Comment

I love computers.

So reliable.

Comment

At $40, you only need to spend an extra $60 to get your hands on a real pro-audio soundcard, like the E-MU 0404.

-a

Comment

Sup?
                Well, i threw in the el-cheapo sound card, and nothing more but the same shit, so back to target it goes....

Originally posted by HoWheels
                At $40, you only need to spend an extra $60 to get your hands on a real pro-audio soundcard, like the E-MU 0404.

-a
                I hear ya there,you can pick up an Maudio 24/96 for about a bill also,which is what i have in this box, my Daw system has a RME HDSP 52/96, and my Samlpe/ midi rig has an EMU aps E-card. i just thought this might be something to just take along to run Say Guitar Rig on a laptop on the go or something...too bad good,, it is a good concept, its just too bad the product falls short of it.

MOSH ON
                DAVE

Comment

I saw that, but it says on the package:

"Works with MS Sound Recorder, Garage Band, and other ASIO formats"

Inside the package it says that by default there is no ASIO driver, but:
                  "An ASIO driver is forthcoming for recording software that implements this feature"

Also, it says you should use the supplied splitter into a guitar amp to monitor the recording to avoid "latency" issues.

I wonder where this "forthcoming driver" will come from.
                  Time to surf around. Still sounds too good to be true as MOSH stated. An M-Audio card is more straightforward.

I saw somewhere on the web that it works with the asio4all.com driver. might try that before you return it Dave.

Let us know if you get a chance to try it before you return it.
                  Last edited by 442w30; 06-27-2006, 10:34 PM.
                  When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Here is the thread that had some info I quoted:
                    The cable is made by SoundTech and is sold at target under the "Lyon" name brand which is a company under Washburn. The bottom of the box is labeled "washburn" too.

http://www.soundtech.com/discuss/pos...25&FORUM_ID=30

The quote for ASIO4all support is here:
                    "I have not tried with GuitarRig. I will have to purchase it and check it out. We are working on a specific ASIO driver for our cable but in the meantime I have had a lot of success with http://www.asio4all.com/ a great freeware driver.

The latency differs in every situation. It completely depends on your setup and what programs you are using. That is why we provide the splitter – so that you can split the signal from your guitar. Connect one end to the LightSnake and connect the other directly to a guitar amplifier so you can use it for real time monitoring of your instrument."
                    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Well, I too am disappointed in this product after messing with it today and a little a couple of days ago.

first thing is there is a lot of his/noise inherrent to it - using it with two different laptops with integrated sound.

Lots of latency with it until I got the ASIO4ALL driver to work with 128 samples and 44.1k changed to 48000.

I could only hear it while using guitar combo (from Native Instruments - makers of Guitarrig2).

So far, aside from the large amounts of noise (helped slightly by going to 48k) I thought I could record with it.

Now I am an idiot and can't get sonar3 to work, but as much as that SW costs, you can bet I'll eventually figger it out.
                      I got guitarcombo to convert to a VST and not a DXi or DX synth, added the combo in Sonar as an effect on a track, and now can watch the cool meter bobbing around, even while monitoring, but the sound is nowhere to be heard. Ah well, the noise still makes this unusable for serious work IMO.

I too thought it would be a cool "throw in the laptop bag" amp for travelling as my job may have me doing that more now, but I don't know if I have the patience to get this to work. I may just grab a small PC with a 2496 card and a POD, pandora, or VAMP2 and use that as it should be more straightforward.

Comment

Working...
                      X