Crate Blue Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Blue Voodoo

I think I'm raising up the price range for my setup thing.I decided to buy a pod or sansamp gt2 but i gave up.I'm planning to buy a Crate BV120H.

Anyone uses it?Do you like it?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

they are OK.

i'd rather have a peavey XXX.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have the Crate Excalibur, which is the solid state one. I thought it was just okay, till I started trying other amps, recently. I now like it more than ever. Only thing I wish I had was a Peavey (Christ! Never thought I'd hear myself say THAT!) I've tried the Triple XXX, the XXL, the Supreme XL, and the 6505+, and like all of them.
      Oddly, I tried a JCM 2000 DSL amp, and hated it. sounded crappy as hell. The Krank I tried was all buzzy crap, and the knobs hardly did squat. Even the Triple Rectifier I tried, was only so-so, at best, for tone. Either my ears have blown, the local shops have S*#t, or alot of amps are simply over-rated.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

For a great two-channel solid state amp, get a Fender RocPro 1000. They can be had for cheap, and they sound great!
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
          For a great two-channel solid state amp, get a Fender RocPro 1000. They can be had for cheap, and they sound great!

Well,I want the tube sound.

I want a soft but high gain tone (if one exists)

For example:I love Criss Oliva's and Marty Friedman's tones.

Comment

Norton, this has been done to death. Do a search, there are at least 3 or 4 LONG ass threads with people arguing about how crappy, or how awesome Blue Voodoos are.
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler
              Norton, this has been done to death. Do a search, there are at least 3 or 4 LONG ass threads with people arguing about how crappy, or how awesome Blue Voodoos are.

You're right.I'll use the search button the next time.

I did a search but couldn't find any thread about crate blue voodoo?
              Last edited by Norton; 06-22-2006, 04:50 PM.

Comment

I'd have to imagine if a soft , but high gain tone is what you are looking for, then the Blue Voodoo would be a good choice.
                I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
                  You're right.I'll use the search button the next time.

I did a search but couldn't find any thread about crate blue voodoo?
                  Mmmm, weird. We talked about this a couple of months ago. To sum up, some people say "Crates suck, buy a 5150", and others say "No, BVs are awesome amplifiers, try one out."

That's what you need to do. Try it out.

Comment

Still only a "glorified" practice amp at best(IMO)...might be considered the best of the Crate amps, yet still it IS a crate.
                    But yeah try one out if u can...just hope u can A/B it next to something that u value as legit.
                    Good luck!

Comment

The impossible

I don't know if I'll see a blue voodoo here in the next 20-30 years (as long as Norton doesn't buy one)

Btw I'd buy one if I had the chance, it won't be hard to sell it here incase you don't like it (the second impossible imo) and no chance of losing money over it
                      Check my bands!
                      www.myspace.com/magicktr
                      www.myspace.com/sinif64
                      www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal
                        Still only a "glorified" practice amp at best(IMO)...might be considered the best of the Crate amps, yet still it IS a crate.
                        But yeah try one out if u can...just hope u can A/B it next to something that u value as legit.
                        Good luck!
                        You obviously know nothing then. I would be just as likely to use my BV on the road as I would any of my other amps.

Comment

We have lack of blue voodoo here.It's impossible for me to try it

Well,I think I'll just buy one,try to like it,and sell it if i don't like it.Life's hard.

Comment

Sadly, you might just have to do that. Don't listen to the slaggers. Give it a shot, and make your own conclusion. Hey, I've played Mesas that I thought were crap. One man's sh@* is another man's gold, I guess.
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

I'm curious about the BV's, are the older, or new ones better or any different besides the faceplate design?

Comment

Working...
                              X