Crate Blue Voodoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeegler
    You obviously know nothing then. I would be just as likely to use my BV on the road as I would any of my other amps.
    Yep

Comment

Agree. for him to say that , is mere bull#$*&.
      I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by donvandam
        I'm curious about the BV's, are the older, or new ones better or any different besides the faceplate design?
        As far as I know, they only differ cosmetically.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

All due respect,
          Last I heard, IMO is short for "IN MY OPINION"!! Sooo, for anybody who thinks they know it all OR have it all figured out regarding guitar amps,well I`m happy for ya!? None of u that replied know me OR my experience so Instead of "dissin" other people, maybe we should stay focused on Norton`s initial question and just remember that you have your opinions, and I have mine!! Now, back to the thread topic hopefully...

Comment

No, no, no. Don't back out of it. You said "...yet, still IS a Crate.", which was intended as a slag at all Crate amps, as if ALL Crate amps are sub-par. the original post was: Anyone use one (Blue Voodoo), and do you like it? YOU decided to take the opportunity and "dis" the entire line of Crate amps, simple as that. I'll be the FIRST to admit that I hated Crate amps, in the past, but they HAVE managed to put out some nice amps, in the past years, regardless of your beliefs, the Blue Voodoo being one of them. Even their cabs have gotten better in years. I don't think bands like Green Day would use them, if they sucked.
            By the way, you don't know any of US or know OUR experiences, as well, so take a chill.
            Last edited by Racerx2k; 06-24-2006, 09:39 AM.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal
              Still only a "glorified" practice amp at best(IMO)...might be considered the best of the Crate amps, yet still it IS a crate.
              But yeah try one out if u can...just hope u can A/B it next to something that u value as legit.
              Good luck!
              Thats a crap statement even if it is your opinion. Last I heard... Crate amps were still made in St. louis in the good ole USA.
              Plenty of pro's used them and still do. The BV120 is in many studios.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal
                All due respect,
                Last I heard, IMO is short for "IN MY OPINION"!! Sooo, for anybody who thinks they know it all OR have it all figured out regarding guitar amps,well I`m happy for ya!? None of u that replied know me OR my experience so Instead of "dissin" other people, maybe we should stay focused on Norton`s initial question and just remember that you have your opinions, and I have mine!! Now, back to the thread topic hopefully...
                If your opinion is completely stupid and void of any common sense, you're gonna get called out. Simply adding "IMO" after a statement doesn't make you immune from other people blasting you for it.

In other words, it's quite obvious that you've never actually seen a BV in person, never mind actually played one.

You're a bandwagon jumper IMHO!!! :ROTF:

Comment

Bottom line is, try before you buy....plus around the price of a new BV120, or adding a $100/$200 you're in the neighborhood of getting a used Marshall or Mesa, so try out a few things and see what you like the best. Internet forums/reviews are good for opinions on reliability and whatnot but as far as tone goes let your ears be the final judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
                    Bottom line is, try before you buy....plus around the price of a new BV120, or adding a $100/$200 you're in the neighborhood of getting a used Marshall or Mesa, so try out a few things and see what you like the best. Internet forums/reviews are good for opinions on reliability and whatnot but as far as tone goes let your ears be the final judge.

Well,I hate Mesas.I don't know why,I haven't tried one but I jus don't like them

About Marshalls,I think that everybody has them.I thouht something a little different would be good.
                    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

One thing that you have to remember Norton, is that no matter what amp you get, you will still sound like yourself. Likewise, 2 guys with the exact same amp will sound different. It doesn't really matter what other people say. It matters that YOU like your sound.

Comment

Amen, Brother Zeeg. Amen.
                        I'm not Ron!

Comment

WOW...seems I`ve stumbled into the lair of the "defenders of the almighty Blue Voodoo"!?!? Too bad u guys can`t just delete any reply that is negative towards the BV so then u could make it sound like the greatest amp ever!!!
                          Norton,
                          to elaborate on my first reply(that apparently was so offensive to others),
                          Have I used them? Yes (stage and studio)...Do I like them? It wasn`t my preference for my applications but who knows, it might be perfect for you!
                          So as mentioned in my first reply...Good luck in your amp shopping!

(weird, I thought they only let adults in here...Oh well)

Comment

Ooh. wow, what a comeback! Hey, they let YOUR immature ass in here. I'm not a defender of The Blue. I just happen to think that your dissing was absolutely unecessary, AND counterproductive, to the thread. Now shut up, and take your lumps!
                            I'm not Ron!

Comment

"Newbie on newbie crime"
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I feel chaotic.

I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
                                X