After years of GAS.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After years of GAS.........

I have three 'godlike' sounds (like some people like the Brown Sound), in they are:

Metallica -Master Of Puppets
    Stryper - Against The Law
    Dream Theater - Images & Words

All of these were primarily or at least for a big part recorded with:

Needless to say I'm stoked beyond belief! This'll be the centerpiece of the fridge-sized rack I have in my head.
    Already looking for a 50/50 to hook it upto.

This thing's built like a fuggin' TANK! Heavy sumbitch too. It just breathes pure quality, just from looking at it. The Upper amp is the preamp of a Mark IIC and the lower preamp is a preamp from a Mark III. It's supposed to be two channels (each preamp = 1 channel), but on each 'channel' you have two completely different modes, making it a 4 channel amp. And with all the fancy shit you can do with it, it's more like 10 or more channels. The controls are awesome. More knobs and lights than a Spaceshuttle. Boatloads of options, pull/push knobs. All the controls are dependent on each other and affect each other when changed making this a tweaker's dream.
    ---------------
    The owned had all the original papers with it still. It's in great shape too, he just had it fully checked and retubed. And this is a euro version with a factory 220v capacitor in there.
    This thing's got 8 preamp tubes, switching goes through tubes too, so you actually have to let it get warmed up before switching.

The warranty booklet says the Purchase Date is January 14 '94. But inside, on the Reverb Tank there is some text:

'MB (I believe) 3/9/92', next to it there's also '"WA" and another '92 date'. So it was probably brought in for warranty on that date.

It was purchased in a Boogie store in Germany, so that might account for the 2 year span, anyways it doesn't matter.
    Not too sure when they stopped producing these, but I think around '92 or '94. However it may be, this was one of the last ones made.

-----------------
    The FSU2(-A) footswitch is nice too! I'm glad it's included, they go for lotsa bucks nowadays on the Bay. You can connect it to other smaller FSU's and run them into the switching ins/outs on the back to actually bleed different channels into each other! (You can also do this with the main FSU2, but you have to press both channelbuttons at the exact time time).
    -------------
    Not too sure about the Mike Bendinelli initials, it looks like an upwards arrow with both diagonal lines going back to the center line, which makes it seem like an M with a B on it's right leg. Anyways just a little detail, but makes it cooler.
    -------------

Anyways, can't wait to crank this badboy!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 06-22-2006, 07:15 PM.
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Nice score! Hope you can get all the same sounds out of it that they can.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
      Nice score! Hope you can get all the same sounds out of it that they can.
      I definitly hope so too. I love those tones, but I am convinced I can get 'my' sound out of it as well.

Noticed something interesting again:

Below the 'Wa xx-xx-'92' text on the reverb tank there is a Red Stripe in magic marker. This was used to signify the 'stripe' of an Mk III. So I'm toying around with an idea in my head: perhaps the Mk III preamp was modded to be a Red Stripe (which can be done, I know a guy who had his modded to a blue stripe). If that IS true, that'd make my day, month and YEAR! Mk III red stripe is the quintessential Boogie next to the IIC+.

[/rant]

And something for Pete: the guy sold it to me is now playing a Vetta for jamming and in his band. :p Obviously he wanted to downsize, hehehe.
      Last edited by GodOfRhythm; 06-22-2006, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Don't know if you've ever seen this before, but here's a history of the dots/stripes.
        http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice I had a quad about 14 years ago.....great piece .....Enjoy!!

Comment

I used to use on of those, Great Preamp! Great tone.

Comment

I always liked the clean tones on the mesa preamps over their lead ones... but maybe I'm just weird. I had a Quad and a studio at the same time as a soldano SP77, and for high gain... I really preferred the Soldano. Still a great preamp though!

Pete

Comment

Cool. I love Mesa Boogie

Comment

Wow! thats a great setup! i hope you get all the sounds you are looking for from it!

chuck
                  "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                    Don't know if you've ever seen this before, but here's a history of the dots/stripes.
                    http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/dot.html
                    Aye, I studied that religiously for years now. But thanks anyways!

Comment

hey Ward.. you've outdone me on that one my friend !!

Comment

Working...
                      X