Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering the Peavey Penta

Anyone Played/own one?
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

I tried one out. It's an interesting amp, if a little unusual. It's only one channel, but you can switch modes. It sounds pretty good for what it is, and gets a good variety of sounds. It's not a metal amp, but with a boost pedal, it would do the job.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Never tried one personally, but board member JerryP has done mods on them.
      http://www.fjamods.com/AmpMods.html
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I played one a while back, it had some decent sounds, but it didn't knock my socks off.
        It's single channel, but with a footswitch I think you can switch between two of the modes. I think, I don't remember exactly.

J.

Comment

Huge Disappointment!!!,
          I'd stick with a 5150 or a 6505 if it came to anything Peavey.

Comment

ah the Penta! Thats the only peavey amp that Ive never, ever heard anyone talking about. It seemed just like a gimmick to me.

Comment

I played one, there is also a video demo on comcast(at least there was). It's a cool amp with a lot different flavors. Not high gain but neither is my JCM800 2203, you'll need a good snot pedal for high gain. I would like to try it out with an MT-2 and hear all the different settings it has.
              Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I just picked one up.....

Review to come....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEBI:IT&ih=019
                "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Wow... looks like you STOLE it! Good price...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

It kinda reminds me of an attempt at being a tubed modeler.
                    Just from what I've heard..it's very much more on the side of brit amp sounding with crossover into some modern tones. Not bad.. just more vintage Marshall, Vox catagory.
                    Looking forward to the review tho..

Comment

Well,
                      Im trying to replace a undependable modded 800 that took a crap on me 1 to many times.
                      We'll see......

Originally posted by charvelguy
                      It kinda reminds me of an attempt at being a tubed modeler.
                      Just from what I've heard..it's very much more on the side of brit amp sounding with crossover into some modern tones. Not bad.. just more vintage Marshall, Vox catagory.
                      Looking forward to the review tho..

Comment

If you already like older Marshalls..I think you'll like it.

Comment

ITS HERE.......... Review to come tonight.....

Comment

Working...
                          X