Modern Metal Practice Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chasbo
    After checking that stuff out, it does seem to be a great home recording/practicing system. Unfortunately, it's also very pricey.
    I will most likely get a spyderII 30 watt combo for now, and slowly build a up a system like that. That way I can play now as well.

Thanks to everyone that has thrown their 2 cents in. Ultimately, the home studio will get there, it's just gonna take a bit of time.

chuck

Yeah.. it gets a bit much, but you can find almost all of those things on craigslist for pretty cheap, and you can hold off on buying things that aren't necessary (like the mixer for example and nice speakers).

However, if your looking for a good practice amp for cheap, I would highly highly recommend the Marshall MG10CD (http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHMG10CD). I have two of them: they are that good.

** Awesome** little amp. For its size, its pretty loud and actually sounds good! The dirty channel sounds alright at reasonable volumes, and sounds awesome with a GT-6 or Line 6 Pod.

If your aim is to have a practice amp, I would say, why bother going with anything in the medium size range. Go as small, cheap and as portable as you can. Medium amps are too small for playing with drums, and end up being a little on the loud side for practicing, especially if you live in a shared house or apartment. They are also more expensive and end up just taking up room. Get one of these little suckers for as cheap as you can, then save up the money for a real amp rather than spending $200-$300 on a practice amp.

good luck,

xixor

Comment

yeah you can usually get the pod for about 125 on ebay and a decent speakers for your computer for about 50.

Comment

Perfect timing! Prices just dropped on the whole Spider II line. The 30 is $159 (the old price of the 15) and the 15 is $119! I wonder if this means a replacement for the Spider II is coming?
        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

i love my Roland Microcube. perfect for playing on the couch.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

actualy i would go for a used Line 6 Flextone II, alot easier then the AX's.

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986
              Perfect timing! Prices just dropped on the whole Spider II line. The 30 is $159 (the old price of the 15) and the 15 is $119! I wonder if this means a replacement for the Spider II is coming?
              you can't beat that...that's a no brainer for me..
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Roland Cube 30 has more balls than you'll ever need in any bedroom, unless you're the King of France and your bedroom is the size of SAM ash and Guitar Center put together. It fukkin' wails.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I would try the Roland Cube and Syper II..for a "practice" amp..

I hear NOTHING but good thing about both..and go from there..

You prolly can get that Spyder II 30 for 150 out the door if you ask nicely..I paid 200 out the door when they just came out..for my boy..and me.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                  X