Recommend me some new patch cords...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me some new patch cords...

Gonna spend some money on some new patch cords in the next few days, wondering what everyone recommends..

Right now I have two George L cables that I put together that I've had for years but they are the thin gauge and even though they seem very durable, I want something a bit heavier duty. I was thinking maybe the higher end Planet Waves cables since they have a lifetime warranty which is cool and I can just walk into the guitar store if it ever breaks and they'll give me a new one, without a package or receipt according to the sales guy there. I've also heard great things about Mogami and then of course Monster Cable as well. What is the most reliable and best sounding cable out there? Thanks guys!

Stay away from Monster they are overpriced garbage.
    I just rewired my rig in all Mogami. Make sure you use Neutrik connectors, they make a big difference. My second choice would be Canare cables. If you need a person to buy them from let me know. I can hook you up with a great guy.

Comment

ive got monsters. they werent overpriced and they certainly arent garbage. you cant beat their replacement services either

Comment

Monster are okay. I had one crap out on me after a year, brought it back to GC and they gave me the new upgraded model.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

cant go wrong with planet wave cables
          My music:
          www.leonlive.co.uk

Comment

I suggest building your own cables. It's a very easy, and money-saving skill to learn to solder to build your own cables. And if you don't want to spend the time learning, you can have redco build your own custom cables:

http://www.redco.com/shopexd.asp?id=653

-a

Comment

George L's work great for me.

Comment

I like the George L's just for the ease of putting stuff together with on my pedal board. Their 90 degree ends fit better in some areas than full size cables. However, for high end cables I would consider Zaolla. Just be prepared to spend some $ though!

Rudy
                www.wickedrocks.com
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

I like the way my monster sounds, but then again look at it funny and the angled plug snaps in half! Thank God it's full replacement warranty!! Every thing else in my rig is wired up woth mogami cable/neutrik plugs that I got from Hotwired (proaudiocables) on Ebay! They are awesome!! They have all sizes and configs on the bay too!! Great customer support too! And best of all great prices! I highly recommend them!! Gee's after reading this, they should give me royalites!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa
                    ive got monsters. they werent overpriced and they certainly arent garbage. you cant beat their replacement services either
                    I went to a guitar store and was talking to the guitar tech there about cables. This guy has done work for Priest and a few other big name and not so big name bands. He unscrewed the end off a Monster cabel and some store brand cable and the Monster was thinner wire and cheaply built. They have twice the amount of insulation on them to give them a quality appearence. Hey to each thier own. If you like Monster buy it. For half the price though you can get Mogami or Canare. I had all Monster at one time and when I switche to Mogami I could not get over the tone difference. Its amazing what a cable will do.

The only Monster thats decent is the top of the line cable. But the price on it is insane. This is just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Comment

Yes! Planet Waves cable.

Comment

I like my voodoo cables

Comment

Guitar cable - I just upgraded my Planet Waves with a Zaolla. A far superior cable. You can hear the difference. No BS. Silver core and about 3/8 round. Doesn't twist up as easilly as the thinner cables. If you break a Zaolla you've probably ripped your jack out too.

Comment

Working...
                          X