Side by side, Blackbacks (greenbacks)vs Scorpions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side by side, Blackbacks (greenbacks)vs Scorpions

So just as the title says, i have a old peavey 4x12 with scorpion speakers, and a marshall 1978 cab with black backs. Did a side by side comparison, both plugged into a flextone head at the same time, they were almost identical in tone. Now take it the peavey is a 4ohm and the marshall is a 16 ohm, but that is the wonderfull thing about a flextone head, it dont care, but that might have made the tone slightly off, but not by much. Anyway now i am thinking i just might keep the peavey for that tone and sell the marshall.

Anyone else had experiene with the scorpions? I think i heard paul gilbert use to use them.
    Last edited by siggy14; 07-01-2006, 07:11 AM.

I have heard that they are really great.

But. . . I dont think Paul Gilbert used them. I got a good Paul Gilbert quote for that:

...(Insert Tony MacAlpine voice here) "Um...how do you get your sound, Paul?"

Paul simply replies, "Well, what you do is you throw out anything with a Peavey logo on it."

Comment

Siggy,
      i sent you a pm about the Marshall with the black backs, you can also e-mail me at - [email protected]
      thanks,
      Tommy
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Working...
      X