BOSS AC-2 Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSS AC-2 Pedal

Anyone use this or know if it's any good?
    "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
    I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Simply the best floor acoustic simulator pedal in the business.
    Its excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
      Its excellent.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
        Its excellent.
        -1, they sound terrible. I had one for a while - it's just awful. You are better off just playing your guitar clean.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim
          -1, they sound terrible. I had one for a while - it's just awful. You are better off just playing your guitar clean.
          Tim, could there have been something wrong with the one you had??
          I have had several AC2's and I also used the Boss GT6 that has an AC2 built in.
          Nothing but compliments everytime I gigged with it. My bandmate uses one live all the time for acoustic tones with his LP. He routes the AC2 via a Whirlwind switcher directly to the board. The acoustic tones he gets are outstanding.

Comment

John - I've owned two different ones. Thought they both sounded like crap. My thoughts on this are pretty simple for a live situation: if song just has a short bit of acoustic in it then you can get by with a clean electric tone and it won't matter, but if the song has acoustic throughout and it is integral to presenting the tune then just play an acoustic guitar. Even a cheap acoustic with a piezo is going to sound dramatically better than that Boss pedal. Also, there are a number of electric guitars that have piezo outs that sound pretty good - I had a Godin LGXT that was excellent.

Oh, and then there's a Variax - those are great and offer a lot of Electric and Acoustic tones all in one guitar.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
            X