Flextone opinions, tips,etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flextone opinions, tips,etc...

So, I should be receiving a flextone plus 1x12 combo soon. Got it real cheap.No foot pedal or floorboard, just the amp. I figured, I would mess with it a bit and if I liked it then I might spring for the III with all the goodies. So, Ive got a couple of questions. This amp is a 60 watt 1x12 mono amp but the plus means that if I plug in a cab it becomes a 100 watt stereo amp? Is this true? If so, that would rock. Ive also heard that the weak point of this amp is the speaker, and that most sound complaints can be resolved by changing out the stock speaker for something better. Anyone have any experience with this? How many saved presets can I have with this thing?, gotta read the manual to figure this thing out. How do the effects and sims compare to the III? Whats the major difference. I dont gig so anything relating to that wouldnt matter to me. How do I download? presets form the internet, or is that not how it works. And is there any kind of upgrade, firmware or software wise for this thing? Any tips or opinions on this amp welcome........

ok here is what i can tell you, yes adding a speaker cab makes the wattage 100watts. As to flextone III, dont get it! In my opinion the flextone II's sound so much better! I have a flextone 2 head, you really need to get the full floorboard as then you have 36 presets compared to four you have with the 4 butten or no footswitch option.

As to the built in speaker i cant give you an opinion because i have the head, but i liked the 2x12 i had, but much prefer putting it through a regular 4x12 with the cab mod off.

I think to update these you have to actualy change the chip, i dont believe you can do it like the vetta's.

I am still on the fence on wether i want to keep the flextone or sell and keep the vetta, i have heard very good things about the vetta, but playing the combo at GC i wasnt super impressed. I am about to pick up a used one and see which i like better in the long run.

Comment

I've had a III Plus for a couple of years now and it is a great amp for home use. It has enough power to take to a small gig if I want. I can get great metal riff and shred lead tones out of it. I've not been able to coax a useable, slightly overdriven blues tone out of it. But I think that's more my fault than the amp's.

Comment

Yea, the Plus is cool. When you plug in an external cabinet it wakes up another power amp inside of the amp so you can have true stereo effects. VERY cool and you will like the tones. They are really good and its simple to dial them in.

Comment

Wow, thanks for all the info. So, this amp is an original flextone plus, not the II or III. Pretty much the same thing? So, without the floorboard Ive just got the 4 buttons for presets? And the regular foot pedal just moves this to the floor, the same 4 presets? Very cool about the stereo thing. Maybe I will make another cab for it. Keep the comments and recommendations coming.

Comment

Working...
          X