Vetta, I hate you guys, upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta, I hate you guys, upgrade question

OK so all this talk about Vetta's i went and purchased a used one off ebay, the guy gave me free shipping with the BIN, it is a version 1 ( i think) with software 2.03.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290004405024

So my question, when it comes in what do i have to do to upgrade it to the newest version? I havent researced it yet but i am sure a few of you have done it, any problems i might run into and do i need anything special? Anyone in the VA area with one that is willing to helpout or give me some idea's.

I heard you just plug it into the wall...

(inside joke)
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

it is easy ..get line6 monkey from their website .. you'll need a midi connection to the vetta ...
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday
        it is easy ..get line6 monkey from their website .. you'll need a midi connection to the vetta ...
        So basically i will need to buy a midi box, i take it they dont do it by USB which kinda sucks, all that tech and they cant even do it by USB. Any suggestions on a midi box?

Comment

I got an external USB one I used once for my G-Major. It worked great. I'd let you borrow it but you're not exactly down the street from me. So what you got in trade? Got a sister?

I'll take a look at it when I get home and post a model#.

Comment

i have the m-audio usb uno
            http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ace?sku=701379
            it works great!

Comment

Hey! That's what I got too. I was gonna say it was blue and egg shaped but I thought model number was more important.

Comment

alright, i will order that baby up. Do i need to order that upgrade board for the vetta to do the update?

Comment

+1 for the Uno. I hear its the interface with the least issues so far. Only thing is, its not supported by windows... still mine worked fine once I got windows to recognize the hardware and installed it that way.

As far as the upgrade board, I think youre just talking about the digital interface card? if so, you dont need that to upgrade the OS to 2.5, as there are midi in and out on the vetta.
                  www.myspace.com/madeaband
                  www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Oh, and grats on the decision. As stated before, unless youre very lucky with your current guitar (planets align, perfect pups and wood), plan on tweaking a bit, and try as many of the amp models as you can stand.

Some models I wouldnt have thought of using, have pleasantly surprised me.

Best thing about the Vetta, the more time you spend tweaking it, the better it sounds. My band is going to scalp me soon if I dont get my tracks done soon, but I keep messing with my guitar sound and each time it seems to be good enough to justify the time spent... Now just to get them to understand

Comment

I used mine at band practice last night after only having had the thing 2 days. I did OK, although it was a bit rough not having had much time to get it set up the way I want. I really need to spend some time this week dialing in the tones I want for particular songs.

my bandmates were pretty much awed by the upgrade in sound from my corner of the room. especially the cleans. they liked the Eddie patches too...
                      the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yah, my band was blown away (I had 2 weeks time to work with it at gig volume before taking it to practice for the first time) when I turned that bitch up after playing thru a early-mid 80's Crate Stealth for years.

Cleans are just so pure and tight on it as well, youre right about that. Its getting to the point to where it sounds so damn good cranked up, I'm not sure what else I could do to make it sound better... then I turn a dial just a tiny tiny bit....

Comment

Go to last paragraph:
                          http://www.line6.com/vetta_ii/US/features8.htm

also see

http://www.line6.com/vetta_ii/US/updateqa.htm
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                          X