Opinions:Mesa Single Rec/Rec Verb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions:Mesa Single Rec/Rec Verb

I am considering the head version of either the Single Rec or Single Rect-O-Verb. I would like all opinions on this amp. Consider that I will be playing speed metal like older Slayer and Metallica and the like. How would it fair? I think the 2nd version is better with the Solo and Raw switch? Thanks-Jack.

I love them, but the lead tones are rather shitty, thus why I sold it.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm....... I don`t play lead very much because I suck at it, but what makes the lead tones shitty bro? How is the rythym for heavy palm muting and heavy power chords? As long as it can do the Master Of Puppets tone and similar, that would be fine. Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
        Hmmmmmmmmm....... I don`t play lead very much because I suck at it, but what makes the lead tones shitty bro? How is the rythym for heavy palm muting and heavy power chords? As long as it can do the Master Of Puppets tone and similar, that would be fine. Jack.
        Rhythm tones are great. Nice and tight. Great for palm muting, heavy power chords and dropped tunings.
        Go with the later model with the solo feature.

Comment

Master Of Puppets tone? You should get a Quad. :p I can dial in the EXACT tone and pretty much any other tone you'd ever want.

That said, on topic: I like a single rectifier more, play both in a local store a couple of times a month/trimester, it might have been the fact that the single was easier to get saturated at lower volumes, since it's less wattage, but it sounded a bit more alive to me than the dual. Although rectifiers really aren't my kind of thing (nor is any modern amp really...) they sound too sterile imho.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

get the recto-verb! its a great amp. it's so much more versitile than a lot of people around here will give it credit for.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
              get the recto-verb! its a great amp. it's so much more versitile than a lot of people around here will give it credit for.
              Ya man, leaning that way as I like Reverb at times and I prefer on board Spring reverb at that It is btween the Single Rec/Verb and a Carvin V3, but the V3 doesn`t have Reverb, what the hell was Carvin thinking Jack.

Comment

I've got one and love everything about it!!!!!!! I highly recommend them!

Comment

I bought a used Rectoverb Series II Combo 2 weeks back because it sounded GREAT! Better than any Dual or Triple Recto (except for the Road King Head I had earlier this year). The 3/4 back design of the cab and the Black Shadow 90 speaker have a bit to do with it too. Can't believe how loud it is! The solo function is REDICULOUS... I was teasing my band that I was going to teach soundguys a lesson with it Sounded great with a Strat too which was surprising to me. I am a wheedley wheedley kind of lead guy and found the right marriage of a lead and rhythm tone using the vintage mode and switching to solo mode for leads. Highly recommended!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

TremoVerb!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

road king. LOL

come on its only like 3 g's.

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer
                        I've got one and love everything about it!!!!!!! I highly recommend them!
                        +1

I play a lot of heavy palm muted stuff and it sounds awesome, I love it. I have the series 2 with the solo boost. Doesn't sound shitty doing leads, the amp sounds incredible on all settings and totally blows away the XXX I had previously. The only shitty lead sounds are from my terrible playing

Comment

Roadster, only $200 more than a Dual and lots more options.

Roadster II is more expensive but only has the progressive linkage as an extra on the Roadster, so I'd go for Roadster (I).
                          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I've had a Single Recto for the past three years. They are great amps! Very versitile, loud, and reliable. Sounds great with 6L6's and EL34's. Solo feature is very nice. I run mine dry, for everything from blues, rock, metal... whatever.

I have used the amp in over 100 gigs with zero problems. Get one!

Comment

Thanks guys!! Decision time-ah the agony of itall Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X