Checked out my 1st Vetta Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checked out my 1st Vetta Today

holy freakin shit! this amp kicks serious ass! I have a friend who invited me to his home studio and this is his main working amp. He had been telling me how fantastic it was and I was like, whatever, 150 watts isn't playable as a practice amp. Boy was I wrong.

The modeling was pretty sweet as was the stero capabilities. Using the short board controller I watched this guy go thru so many different combinations of amps and effects that I was simply floored and it was all at low volumes!How the heck can an amp this powerful be playable at bedroom levels? Is it because it's solid state? He wasn't even using the half power mode and we could carry on a normal conversation while he was riffing. wow! This is one cool ass amp. The practice and gigging possibilities are staggering. I know there are more than a few vetta players here, so what do you guys really think of it? It is a pretty hefty cash output, but seems to be more than worth it for what you get.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

I'll tell you what I think of it.
    I think its one of the best amplifiers ever made and can hold its own in any situation with any amp on the planet.

Comment

I get to go over this week with a couple of my guitars and play thru it a bit. It should be a blast.

It's a bit intimidating with all the different models and effects and all the stereo options, that's my only concern. That I am not enough of a NASA braniac to understand how to use it.

chuck

Comment

Its not as complicated as it looks. I think the Mesa Mark IV or a rack based system are much harder to dial in.
        Once the Vetta is dialed in it takes 5 minutes to set up and you are ready to gig.

Comment

I love mine, had it a week and am still learning how to use all the functions, but goddamn it sounds awesome.
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

A couple questions, hopefully someone can answer them.

1.How can a combo this powerful be played at low volumes and sound so good? My boogie F50 is unplayable at practice levels unless I use a hotplate.

2. What does the long board controller add that the shortboard doesn't do? i.e. is it worth the extra cash for the longboard.

chuck

Comment

Skorb, when you get it all "learnt", I'd like to come over and hear a full demo like the guy in the 1st post!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I played with one at GC the other day and was also very impressed, I play through a Flextone II right now but would consider buying a Vetta simply because of the added effects emulation......it was killer.

How does it interface with the PC for deep editing? MIDI or USB

Thanks,
                Todd
                Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

after hearing jg cable's sample, i am seriously considering saving for the head, i'll run that through my marshall cab.

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06
                    after hearing jg cable's sample, i am seriously considering saving for the head, i'll run that through my marshall cab.
                    Come on over one day and check it out in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo
                      A couple questions, hopefully someone can answer them.

1.How can a combo this powerful be played at low volumes and sound so good? My boogie F50 is unplayable at practice levels unless I use a hotplate.

2. What does the long board controller add that the shortboard doesn't do? i.e. is it worth the extra cash for the longboard.

chuck
                      ANSWER:
                      1. Its solid state and its a modeling amp. Thats what they are designed for. You can go from the bedroom to the studio to band practice to the stadium.
                      2. The Longboard is an absolute must. Check out the Line 6 website for all the differences. The shortboard is much more useful now that 2.5 is out though. Still... go for a longboard. They kill.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                        ANSWER:
                        1. Its solid state and its a modeling amp. Thats what they are designed for. You can go from the bedroom to the studio to band practice to the stadium.
                        2. The Longboard is an absolute must. Check out the Line 6 website for all the differences. The shortboard is much more useful now that 2.5 is out though. Still... go for a longboard. They kill.

Thanks man, I played thru my friends vetta tonight and you are indeed right. That thing slays as a swiss army amp. The thing I really dug most was the stereo capabilities. At one point I was running a marshall thru one side and a fender blackface thru the other, really a cool feature. It cranks nicely as well, has alot of room to blast. A very cool amp. Kinda makes the Spider 2 I was looking at sound like a musical Pinto next to a 69 Vette.

Now I just need to unload a couple other amps and maybe one of the extra axes.

chuck

Comment

Vetta fever!
                          catch it!
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                          X