Mics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mics??

I couldn't figure out where to post this, so I pust it here! I'm sure Racerx will point me in the right direction!! Lol!
    Anyways, what a good brand of mics? Our singer just broke his old faithful!!
    I love admins!

For live performances... Shure SM-58. What else is there?
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
      Cool, thanks!
      I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone
        Quoted for truth.
        ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Wow, just found out that his old mic was a Shure SM-58!! Lol! No wonder he liked it so much!!
          I love admins!

Comment

You can buy them brand new for less than $100.
            -Rick

Comment

For that kind of money a Sennheister E835 is a better mic, in my opinion. Check them out!

Comment

I'll back up Shure's stuff, i've been around people who use those to no fail and great sound for a long while.

Comment

I'm no singer but I get forced to do backups. I used a Carvin version of the SM-58 once and I thought it sounded fuller. It could have been the PA and sound guy too.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                    I'm no singer but I get forced to do backups. I used a Carvin version of the SM-58 once and I thought it sounded fuller. It could have been the PA and sound guy too.
                    It was the sound guy.
                    You can have the greatest mic in the world, but if the sound guy is a tard, it can sound like crap.
                    The reverse is also true. A great sound guy can make almost any mic sound good.
                    Some mics are just beyond help.
                    The Sennheiser E835 is a decent mic, but not very durable.
                    Slam/drop it once or twice real hard and it will die.
                    You can slam an SM 58 all day long and it will keep on going.
                    There's a reason why they have been the industry standard since forever.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
                      I couldn't figure out where to post this, so I pust it here! I'm sure Racerx will point me in the right direction!! Lol!
                      Anyways, what a good brand of mics? Our singer just broke his old faithful!!
                      Beta 58

none better
                      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Working...
                      X