Vetta Sounds!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta Sounds!!!

Many of you have requested to hear what a Vetta can do.
    Here is the gear used:
    Stock Washburn N2
    Vetta HD plugged directly into a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card.
    Patches used:
    Stock Vetta Synth
    Stock Vetta Country Gent
    Stock Layered Rhythm
    My own custom Soldano X88R
    My own custom modded JCM800
    I used the SM57 Vetta mic simulator and I recorded everything in the red. Its amazing how hard you can push a Vetta direct before it clips.
    I intentionally made the heavy guitar sounds loud so you can get the idea of total saturation.
    Here is a link to the sample song. Its called Vetta Sounds
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=35702

cOOL Sounds.... You know, I'm a Marshall guy... but I've been keeping my ears (and mind) open to the vetta series. However, here is my concern... I seen this local cover band play, one guy using the vetta and the other a TSL50. The guy playing the vetta was playing most of the leads and his leads would not cut through. It got all washed up in the mix. It could have been how he had his gear setup but it did scare me. During one song, the whole band dropped out with only him playing and he did have some great tone. How well do these amps/heads work in live situtations???

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Mine worked great. It's all in how you dial it in - a sound that is awesome on it's own may not cut through a mix. When in doubt, add mids!

Pete

Comment

That synth reminds me of mini moog/ELP. When the heavy kicks in tho..very powerful sounding amp.

Comment

Very cool stuff. That amp sounds great.

Mike
          Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

Honestly, I wasn't impressed by recorded distortion sounds (the playing was great!). Maybe it's my pc speakers. It reminded me of my old Zoom 9150. I still believe the reviews from guys here.
            It's more amp than I need to use. In fact, I'd lean more towards the Randall with a few modules and my TCE G-Major, but I also like convenience of one unit. The Vetta would be on my first choice if I needed an arsenal of tones & efx, in one package, with wattage to perform live.

Comment

Cool John!! Does anyone have any samples of the Vetta with heavy distortion like a Recto sound or? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

Great playing man! those are some nice clips.

chuck
                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Yeah, man, let's hear some insane distortion that'll blow us away! Uber, 5150, Diesel, VHT, brutal, insane, come on! Also demonstrate the 2 amps at once thing...so far I'm not being blown away, that's probably why I need to hear this demo'ed in person...by somebody who can utilize it all
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                    Yeah, man, let's hear some insane distortion that'll blow us away! Uber, 5150, Diesel, VHT, brutal, insane, come on! Also demonstrate the 2 amps at once thing...so far I'm not being blown away, that's probably why I need to hear this demo'ed in person...by somebody who can utilize it all
                    The only other thing that would really hold me back from getting a Vetta would be that it is older, and Line 6 will probably release a new one soon. (at least I would think they would).

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                      Honestly, I wasn't impressed by recorded distortion sounds (the playing was great!). Maybe it's my pc speakers. It reminded me of my old Zoom 9150. I still believe the reviews from guys here.
                      It's more amp than I need to use. In fact, I'd lean more towards the Randall with a few modules and my TCE G-Major, but I also like convenience of one unit. The Vetta would be on my first choice if I needed an arsenal of tones & efx, in one package, with wattage to perform live.
                      Its your PC speakers. When I play that clip through my 500w Yamaha 5.1 system stuff starts falling off of the walls when the heavy guitars come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
                        The only other thing that would really hold me back from getting a Vetta would be that it is older, and Line 6 will probably release a new one soon. (at least I would think they would).
                        There've been persistent rumors for some time now that the Vetta's DSPs aren't really taxed by the current software. If that's true the next generation might well take the form of pay-for-play upgrade ala the XT model packs. I've no real info, just sayin' ....
                        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX
                          Ask and you shall receive.
                          Take this with a grain of salt. I am not a big fan of death metal or brutal insane distortion.. nor do I play the style well. I dropped d on my ESP H1000 and put some heavy tones down. You will hear amp drop out. Thats intentional so you can hear the different amps with the 2 at one time feature. Featured amps are:
                          Ubershall
                          Herbert
                          Dual Rectifier
                          Variac'd Marshall with a tube screamer in front of it.
                          The sample is called Heavy Sounds.

Comment

Ah, that's better!

Mute that fugger! (last part)
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
                              Ask and you shall receive.
                              Take this with a grain of salt. I am not a big fan of death metal or brutal insane distortion.. nor do I play the style well. I dropped d on my ESP H1000 and put some heavy tones down. You will hear amp drop out. Thats intentional so you can hear the different amps with the 2 at one time feature. Featured amps are:
                              Ubershall
                              Herbert
                              Dual Rectifier
                              Variac'd Marshall with a tube screamer in front of it.
                              The sample is called Heavy Sounds.

Nice John, very nice... Can definitely get heavy!

Comment

Working...
                              X