Penta Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penta Review

The Penta arrived today. As I open the Box, I see the Worst Packing job Ive seen in Quite some time. The head, and maybe a few scoops of Packing Peanuts in a cut down Bicycle box. At this point Im not very happy and dont have very High Expections. A little more digging around and I realize there is no Footswitch or Power cable.
    Arrgh.....

I then Realize that this amp is all Peavey. The head weighs 60 pounds and 52 of those pounds are in one end. (you 5150 owners know what Im talking about). Gheezus-freakin-christ this thing is heavy.....

Then I plug it up. ......5 modes, 4 of them seem to be different stages of british Gain. ...... The Star is a really Loud Plexi clean. It really likes Pedals......The Bull and the Catcus seem to be my faves so Far. The Bull with a SD1 put me right square where I wanted to be. Man, this thing Is Loud..... Real Freakin loud..... I have a rehersal tomorrow with it. Ill know if its gonna make the cut then, but so far, Im really diggin it. Did I mention its Really LOUD :ROTF:
    Packing Job and Missing goodies aside, this amp dosent have a Bad sound in it.
    I said in my other post, I was looking for a replacement for a Undependable 800. I think I found it.
    Last edited by toddstaples; 07-12-2006, 01:22 AM.
    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES
Working...
X