Clear All

• My new rig!

Laney VH100R

Marshall 4 x 10

Peavey 5150 cab

Guitars:

Ibanez Prestige RG1550 (limited production) with Bareknuckle holy divers

PRS 1990 standard 24 (stock)

I do also have a Rack set up and more guitars but i just took these pictures on impulse
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

damn that looks loud
    How's the mix of those 2 cabs sound?
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I think that is the same Laney head my friend has. Loud as hell.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Well i really prefer the sound of the marshall. Has a little more focus on the low mids. Helps with getting alot of clarity and just basically sounds great.

The 5150 focus' more on the highs giving a ever so slight fizz to it. Sounds good for clean stuff, but it doesn't have the definition of the marshall. Though it might sound great when really turned up.

Edit: and yes it's incredibly loud. Though it sounds great when using it just above 1 though that still shakes the place a bit haha
        Last edited by pagemalicious; 07-12-2006, 01:30 PM.
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I have a VC50. Love that fucking amp. Congrats!
          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I've been dying to try one of those, and a GH100L.

I cant seem to find any Laney dealers in the western hemisphere though.

I have a Laney Pro Tube, which I love, and after hearing my heros Paul Gilbert and Mattias Eklundh play thought them . .I've got serious gas for one!!

Did you say that was a 4x10? interesting.

Comment

Looks good Steve. You have far too much money to spend
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Yes!!! Mate...congrats! I picked up one of those after seeing Opeth play through 'em in Australia and they sounded perfect (yeah, I know they use the GT-6 as a pre-amp and the Laney for a power-amp but it's still half the equation). I like it a lot more than my Mesa...

The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by Speiro
                  Looks good Steve. You have far too much money to spend
                  haha, that's true. I get paid more money than the other average 19 year olds but i'm not as responsible or sensible with it

And yeah a 4 x 10. I've not gathered much information on it because there's pretty none about. Good thing about the Marshall cab is that it's incredibly light for a cab
                  93 USA Soloist EDS
                  USA HT6 Juggernaut
                  Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Originally posted by Sanctuary
                    Yes!!! Mate...congrats! I picked up one of those after seeing Opeth play through 'em in Australia and they sounded perfect (yeah, I know they use the GT-6 as a pre-amp and the Laney for a power-amp but it's still half the equation). I like it a lot more than my Mesa...

I know what you mean mate. I've recently got into Opeth and their guitar tone is one of the reasons why i wanted to try the Laneys. I compared it to two other amps. The ENGL Screamer and the Laney TT100. The Screamer sounded too fizzy and processed to me although had a very tight metal rhythm tone. The TT100 was good, though i just prefered the sound of the VH100R. A very Big and open tone with loads of clarity and one of the best clean tones i've ever heard. The cleans is what really won me over.

Love that KV-1
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

The thing is though, you can still get pretty close to their distorted sound just with the Laney. Or, at least I can

Comment

Originally posted by pagemalicious
                        I know what you mean mate. I've recently got into Opeth and their guitar tone is one of the reasons why i wanted to try the Laneys. I compared it to two other amps. The ENGL Screamer and the Laney TT100. The Screamer sounded too fizzy and processed to me although had a very tight metal rhythm tone. The TT100 was good, though i just prefered the sound of the VH100R. A very Big and open tone with loads of clarity and one of the best clean tones i've ever heard. The cleans is what really won me over.

Love that KV-1
                        Thanks man! Yeah, I'm with you on that. I can't understand why the Laney VH100Rs are so cheap compared to other amps? This thing does everything I want and more. I couldn't believe how badly I missed not having reverb when I bought the bloody Mesa. I am happy now.

Also, FYI Opeth were using Marshall shit (JCMs) when they came to NZ. I don't know whether it was the sound-guys fault or the amps but they sounded like absolute ARSE. I'm so glad I went to the effort of catching them over in Melbourne with the VH100Rs!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas
                          The thing is though, you can still get pretty close to their distorted sound just with the Laney. Or, at least I can
                          I'm still thinking about a GT-8 to make my setup complete.

Comment

certainly no fault in that I definitely get my own sound without adding anything, so keeping it simple works.

Comment

Hey Sanctuary, how many of those Mustaines so you own??
                              I love admins!

Comment

Working...
                              X