Engl Powerball Recorded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engl Powerball Recorded

My band just finsiehd recording an EP. We're still waiting on the masters but we have the rough draft of hte songs we put 2 up on myspace.

We used an Engl Powerball through a mesa standard for the rhythms, double tracked with an old peavey 5150. THe sound is blended about 70% ENgl 30 % 5150.

Discover, share and connect with culture, creativity, sound, images and people.

Excellent crushing gutiar tone. Everything about it makes me want to pump my fist in the air.

Comment

dang that sounds good, I wonder who half owns that amp...hmmmm oh yeah that would be me.

Comment

This sounds AWESOME!
        I love ENGL...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

hell yeah that sounds good
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Wicked sick. Sounds nice and brutal
            Gear--- 2005 ESP LTD Dave Mustaine Axxion
            Roland Micro Cube

Comment

Is that the the Gladiator movie theme on one of your songs?
              I liked how you blended that into your song this one has a very catchy and heart braking melody
              Great music and killer brutal tone
              Like it a lot!!

Comment

yes acutally it is one of hte themes from gladiator....didn't know it while I wrote it..but watched the movie a couple days later and was like "oh shit" ....then decided it didnt' matter and just finished the song.

Comment

DRIP...where have you been..ya pud!!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn...Sounding damn good man!!!

Me likey..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

been busy.

Comment

The PB is such a beast of an amp.
                        Great playing!!
                        Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

That's an ungodly heavy tone right there man, and I love the music. Ya'll are gonna make me pick up a Powerball when I just got my Randall

Comment

Production sounds really good on this end dude, badass!
                            The gat tone is perfect for the music, loving that blend of ENGL and 5150. What mic was used, by chance?

Musically, I'm loving it, as well. My only complaint is in the first part of Set a Fire... sounds a bit cluttered, because of all the guitar tracks going on.

Otherwise, killer mix, very nice guitar sound!

Comment

yes I agree its a bit cluttered sounding the mastered version is much more cleaned up this was just the rough mix that we left the studio with and Dave spent another couple days mastering after that. we should have the hard copy in a few days. I'll get back to you on what mics were used for the recording. I know he used the Nuendo software and vocals were recorded on a shure SM7.

Comment

Working...
                              X