No announcement yet.

Engl Powerball Recorded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, good ol' SM7 on the vox. Amazing sounding mic!

Was he running Nuendo on a PC or Mac, bychance?

Don't need to know all the mic's, just guitars in particular, thanks!

Comment

He used an Audix I-5 on the guitar.

Comment

it was a PC 3 monitors powerful motherfucker.

Comment

Sounds awesome, Dave Otero is a great producer.
          Jackson USA GMG WR1
          Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

Holy shit that is crushing! Great production. Forgive me from hijacking this a tad to ask how the drums were done?
            THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Recorded the drums first he mic'd everything and we played guitars and made "scratch tracks" for every song....then he made samples of each of the drum heads and tweaked things using the samples plus added reverb and all that extra crap later....I'm really not sure what all went on but he made it sound pretty sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kabong
                Sounds awesome, Dave Otero is a great producer.

yes he was a cool guy to work with fer shure. We'll most likely go back to him to record a few more songs and make a full length. Our EP should be ready for distribution in a few weeks. its 4 songs ...total length is about 33 minutes. so we're probably going to write 3 or 4 more songs and hopefully get that done in aobut a year.

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonGodmachine
                  Recorded the drums first he mic'd everything and we played guitars and made "scratch tracks" for every song....then he made samples of each of the drum heads and tweaked things using the samples plus added reverb and all that extra crap later....I'm really not sure what all went on but he made it sound pretty sharp.
                  Yeah, Dave has an interesting way to do drum triggers. It works as long as your kit sounds good to start with. For the recording work that I've done, I prefered the sounds from DKFH over what I could get from the kit, so I just used those samples.

Glad to see his name is getting around outside of CO.
                  Jackson USA GMG WR1
                  Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

yeah seems the only band he's relaly known for working with is Cephalic Carnage. He certainly keeps busy tons of metalcore bands from the Denver area keep him on his toes, though I get the feeling he really doesn't care too much for their music.

When did you work with him care to share the tunes?

he really sticks to his guns...he loves his Mesa standard cabinet.

Comment

Working...
                    X