zoom HD recorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoom HD recorders

i need a cheap HD multi-track to record practices and do off site recording for my project studio. i am looking at the zoom 1608. anybody use zoom digital recorders? anything anybody can share? i think it looks pretty good for 799. it would not be my main recorder, just something portable to take out....

thanks for any info you can give!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Try the Tascam DP01FXCD, I'm not familiar with the Zoom, but the Tascam is cheaper, and has a CD burner. And it's VERY user friendly. like using a 4 track...599 ish..

Comment

I'd recommend a used Korg D1600. 8 tracks at once, 16 tracks total (each with it's own pan pot and fader, which most small recorders lack) built in CD burner, easy to use, lots of effects, etc... used they can be found around $500.

Comment

I'm with pete,Korg D1600 is a great machine

Comment

okay, thanks guys/girl!!!
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

i hate those things. they're not very intuitive. i say get a roland vs1680 or higher on ebay instead. the large lcd's on these are much larger so you can see what's actually going on and evrything's so much more accessible. the 2000 series have usb ports. you can actually see wtf you're editing instead of some poxy small lcd. the roland's are just so much easier to navigate, and editing is a piece of piss. i've used them for years, and having tried the above mentioned machines would never trade my roland for anything but a bigger roland.
            Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-20-2006, 06:36 PM.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

so i got a VS1680 and a new alesis HD24. anyone have experience with the VS1680?

can i use the optical outs to transfer the tracks to the HD24? i ask because i already have a 32 track ADAT based studio, with a large analog mixer and a couple of racks of processors. i am going to switch to the HD24 because the tape based ADATS are getting old, and it will sync to those type 2 ADATs with no trouble.

the VS1680 is for portable recording. my new band rehearses an hour away from where i live so getting the "big boy" studio stuff together is a huge hassle.

i want to be able to take tracks from the 1680 and import them into the HD24 so i can use my favorite stuff to mix, etc.

i guess the 1680 will be good enough on its own, but......

anybody have experience? can anybody tell me anything cool about the 1680?
              GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Good luck with the roland stuff, guy in an old band of mine had one and it was a real pain in the ass to work with. I was recording tracks with the D1600 5 minutes after opening the box.
                Pete

Comment

CRAP!!!!

i am not a big fan of roland stuff to begin with. i couldn't find a korg locally and i like to look at my recording gear before i buy it. i guess i will have to sit down and really work with the roland. UGHHH!!!!
                  GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

the optical i/o on the vs1680 is "toslink"/stereo (spare me the wisecracks) not ADAT compatible. but had you said you were gonna transfer tracks via ADAT to your studio in your first post of this subject, i'd have kept schtum. i guess everyone has their personal preference, but you're NOT gonna get a "portable device" that's ADAT-ready. you'll only find such an interface on big bulky high end studio gear. i didn't need a manual for my roland 1680. i had it tracking instantly.

ALL IS NOT LOST SO DON'T PANIC! - Press MASTER (edit/solo) - you've got a DIRECT OUT function. connect all 8 RCA/PHONOS to your HD24 or analog mixer - choose DIR OUT tracks 1-8 or 9-16 on the 1680 - play thru your mixer - bang, done. where's the problem?
                    Last edited by wilkinsi; 07-23-2006, 09:45 PM.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

okay, cool. i have done MANY transfers that way....

thanks!!
                      GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                      X