Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on practice amp lightning fast!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider has the features but Transtube has the tone.

Comment

Vox AD series, screw Line6 and the Transitube.

Comment

How'd the poll get messed up?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Maybe he set it to end? Iunno, I was wondering the same thing, doesent it usually leave the results at least once it ends?
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

The Spider sucks. How can you call all those tones versatille if they sound like dog shit being forced out of a piping bag 1/2 full of air? The Peavey at least has a satisfactiry tone.

Comment

Oh yah, from my own experience, my Spider amps never did play well with other effects or effect units, so something to keep in mind if your running a GNX4

Comment

Originally posted by El_Kabong
                The Spider sucks. How can you call all those tones versatille if they sound like dog shit being forced out of a piping bag 1/2 full of air? The Peavey at least has a satisfactiry tone.
                Completly agree..............................

Comment

I was in the same boat a little while back looking for a small amp that I could throw in the back of the car. I tried the Spider and I thought the tones were terrible and the effects were not pleasing at all. I would steer anybody away from that amp.
                  I ended up going with a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT and I actually quite like the tones from that thing. It's a nice little amp.

Of the two you mentioned I'm sure I would prefer the Peavey out of sheer disgust over the Spider.
                  It may not be as versatile, but as someone mentioned, if the tone is no good what good does versatility do you?

Comment

Spyder II..play it every night..great for noodling for any style..
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fragle
                      spider, no contest imho.
                      having that said i'd rather buy a cube 30, but seeing how that's not an option the spider wins hands down....
                      +1. i listened to my dx10d through a spider ii 15 earlier this week. at a mere 99 squid, i'm itching to burn my wages next week.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

if u get a spider 2 make sure u get something higher than 30 watts.. they dont have all the options when its 30watts and under and it just sound like shit

i got a spider 2 112 and its awesome.. cleans are okay/so so depends on ur style and settings.. distortion is awesome couldnt ask for something better
                        If the crowd is shouting for an encore, but the sound guy is shaking his head, ignore him and play anyway

Comment

I got the 30wt 1 12" celestion..no copmplaints here..

Now I heard they dropped the price to $150 ..you can't beat that with a stick..I don't care where you got that stick..

great bedroom amp!!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Damn! I don't know what happened to my poll either? I set it with no end date. Admins?

Well, the guy is having his stuff picked up Monday for shipment home so I'm headed over to his room tomorrow with my new Gibby LP Studio and Jackson mutt to play through both of them and decide then. I appreciate all the feedback and it looks like the Spider wins this poll. My ears will decide tomorrow.
                            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

If you use the right side of your brain you'll pick the Spider with it's tons of features. If you use the left side of your brain you'll totally dig the Peavey tone more. I'd sooner have an amp that was good at one thing than an amp that's just O.K. at a hundred things.

Comment

Peavey=Playskool.

Comment

Working...
                                X