Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need opinions on practice amp lightning fast!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peavey.

Comment

" I ended up going with a Vox Valvetronix AD50VT"

The AD50VT is the biggest bang for the buck out there IMO. It is a killer amp regardless of price, and it is only $349! It is also the best out of the ADxxVT series amps.

Comment

Yeah..but the 30 1-12" wt Line 6 is $150..and you can play VH or Nevermore with 'em and I think Exodus used them for recording with those pice of shits.!!!..that's a good thing..

and it didn't break yet!!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Exodus recorded stuff with the line6 spider?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor
            Exodus recorded stuff with the line6 spider?!
            Yeah, that's what I was told..I can actually see that..it actually sounds just like it, I can dial that up easy..especially the TOTD album..to the Ts..it's loud enough to record geetar tracks with..so I guess so..

Ripper's geetar player (Beyond Fear) advised me of this..so that's where I got that from..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow, I thought it was a modded jcm800 on TOTD, which model do you use to nail that sound?

Comment

Just a cheap 30wt Line 6 Syder II w/a 1'12" celestion that I bought for my boy for Christmas when they came out..I plugged in at GC..it was an instant no brainer..

I heard they sell for 150 bucks now..I don't give a crap..you can't beat that...for what it is..

if I'm going to spend over 300 dollars for a "practice" amp..why not kick in a couple extra bucks and just buy a used 5150..a real amp..you can use anytime, anywhere..for practice or at any gig???

to me that's just not too money wise..IMO.

Comment

I know it isn't listed as an option, but I just got a Crate Powerblock and it is a perfect practice amp. For <$200 you can't go wrong. The tone is great except I wish it had a better bass response.

Comment

Originally posted by wodka
                    I know it isn't listed as an option, but I just got a Crate Powerblock and it is a perfect practice amp. For <$200 you can't go wrong. The tone is great except I wish it had a better bass response.
                    The Powerblock is a very good amp (I've got one), but it needs a pedal in front of it to do metal. Most people use these as power amps for PODs, GT8s, etc.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                      The Powerblock is a very good amp (I've got one), but it needs a pedal in front of it to do metal. Most people use these as power amps for PODs, GT8s, etc.
                      No shit Joe..I did not know that..I thought it came all shred ready..they're supposed to be 150 wts and can drive a full cab..is that true..

They're weird lookin..

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                        Yeah, that's what I was told..I can actually see that..it actually sounds just like it, I can dial that up easy..especially the TOTD album..to the Ts..it's loud enough to record geetar tracks with..so I guess so..
                        Modded Marshall on Tempo, Triple XXX the Shovelheaded. Though I will admit they definitely have that clangy Spider-ish type sound

Comment

I read somewhere that they used a modded marshall on TOTD too

Comment

Working...
                          X