X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siggy isn't into the Vetta

He claims he is a tube snob.
    Why am I posting this??
    Its because Siggy has a vast knowledge of amps. He has either owned or currently owns many great tube amps and I respect his opinion.
    It just goes to show you that even though the Vetta is great.. its not for everybody and its not necessarily the "answer" to your quest for great guitar tone.
    Your ears and your fingers will tell you if modeling is for you.
    Personally... I think the biggest thing to get used to if you are a "tube snob" is the way the Vetta "feels" when you are playing through it. Modeling amps absolutely feel different as compared to tube amps. Modeling amps give you "software based" control and feel. Tube amps that don't have diode clipping give you actual control and feel which I, for one.. can totally tell the difference between. Regarding the sound coming out of the speakers.. well... I think a properly dialed in Vetta is hard to beat but remember.. these are my ears, not yours.
    Just my .02 for all you guys wondering why some dig the Vetta and others don't and why some guys consider themselves tube snobs.
    I'm a tube snob too. If I played clubs large enough to warrant turning up a 100w high gain tube amp and I only needed a clean and a heavy tone I would consider using them too.

yeah it just wasnt for me, has some great sounds, but over all i mostly play my XTC so i am happy with that.

To those that love the vetta, more power to you, just not for me, to many bells and whistles when all i need is a guitar, a amp and i am happy.

Comment

I'm with Sig. I considered a Vetta. Got a POD XT Live thinking this was the answer. A couple weeks later bought a Bogner and have never looked back. Now I will only use my XTL for practice because it's easy to carry. No digital equipment will ever replace my Bogner or Mesa. It's just not the same.
      "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
      I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

For me, modeling definitely has it's place. That place is next to me right here, on my desk. If I'm standing up, though, I'm standing in front of a 4x12 and hot glass.

That's just the way I roll.

Comment

Ahhh, the tide finally recedes...

Tubes are what guitar is all about kids...

Comment

I like the 'feel' of tube amps, the way they react, but i like the flexability of modeling. I dont play big gigs, or many gigs in general, so modelling lets me dial in stadium size tone at bedroom levels, which i love.

Comment

Cleveland Metal - not to derail - what band(s) do you play in?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat
                I'm with Sig. I considered a Vetta. Got a POD XT Live thinking this was the answer. A couple weeks later bought a Bogner and have never looked back. Now I will only use my XTL for practice because it's easy to carry. No digital equipment will ever replace my Bogner or Mesa. It's just not the same.
                Although I appreciate your response but let me translate your above comment in "car terms":

"I'm with Sig. I considered a Z06 Corvette. Got a Honda Civic thinking it was the answer. A couple of weeks later I bought a Lamborgini Diablo and have never looked back. Now I will use my Civic for commuting because its good on gas. No 130hp economy car will ever replace my Diablo or my Ferrari F50. Its just not the same."

DUH.......

Comment

i'm thoroughly enjoying my XTL through the tubes of my mesa stilleto.
                  Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

The Vetta is a very good amp and thinks it reacts alot like a tube amp. These amps have come a long way and playing in front of non musicans and actualy even most novice up to some pro musicians, I think they would never know the difference.

However having two of the amps they model i noticed just little differences that were enough for me to not want it and keep the real things. However if i didnt have these amps i would probaly be in amp heaven with the Vetta. By the way the Uber is almost dead on, actualy i think the vetta's version has more bottem end (could be because of the loudness setting) and just as much or more gain then the actuall head.

I might regret selling it down the road, but for what i play i am happy with either my XTC or my uber and if i need a bedroom amp i can just plug my POD 2.0 into my home stereo. See I still have modeling going on, just prefer tube for live.

Comment

I've said it before. I'd honestly try the Vetta if I was in a cover band that reproduced every artist & song with accuracy. It's the perfect tool to cover a variety.

Comment

Originally posted by catzodellamarina
                        I've said it before. I'd honestly try the Vetta if I was in a cover band that reproduced every artist & song with accuracy. It's the perfect tool to cover a variety.
                        +1, If i was doing the cover band i would be the same. However I either have to sell one of the bogners or the Vetta, and like i said I would rather keep the tubes.

And you know if i was recording or had my own home studio i would keep the vetta in a minute, great tool for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                          Cleveland Metal - not to derail - what band(s) do you play in?
                          Currently just back doing my old cover band, Paradox, doing classic metal. Stuff like Slayer, Savatage, Maiden, Queensryche, Dio, old Metallica, Ozzy etc.

But, it's just some reunion shows as the singer drives me mad. We'll soon be morphing into a slightly different situation with a new and improved singer shortly and proabably a name and slight format change.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                            Currently just back doing my old cover band, Paradox, doing classic metal. Stuff like Slayer, Savatage, Maiden, Queensryche, Dio, old Metallica, Ozzy etc.

But, it's just some reunion shows as the singer drives me mad. We'll soon be morphing into a slightly different situation with a new and improved singer shortly and proabably a name and slight format change.
                            That's cool, man. I asked because I used to live in NE Ohio and gigged up there semi-regularly in a few different bands, but it was in the originals scene with bands like NDE, Runt, Cold Hand of Christ, etc. I was just curious if you were playing with any of those guys.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal

Very cool John! Do you have any way of recording some clips?

Pete
                              (staying out of the vetta vs tube thing for awhile, anyways)

Comment

Working...
                              X