Marshall 2210 or 6100LM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 2210 or 6100LM

I played a 2210 a while back and it was smokin!! How are the 6100LM`s? Lotsa features and I have heard the gain is very good? Do the 6100`s have pcb board mounted tubes or like the older 2210? I would love to have the reverb, but the 6100`s don`t have them, but if they sound good, what the hey Jack.

I had a 6100LM for awhile, but hardly played it because it was always in the amp tech's shop. They are kinda hard to work on from what I understand. They may sound good, but from a reliability standpoint....I really had a dud.

Comment

Wow, not good I hear this alot about Marshall amps in general, what`s up with that How was the 3rd channel on it? How much gain does it have? Were the tubes direct mounted to the pcb board? Thanks-Jack.

Comment

2210's the deal
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
          2210's the deal
          How so? Jack.

Comment

An original 2210 would be the better of the two. Soundwise, and especially reliability wise.

Comment

I've had my 2210 since 1982. Great amp
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Carvin V3?????????

Good info. The 6100LM has alot more features, but reliability is very important. I can also get a 3 month old Carvin V3 for a killer price shipped with both pedals-thoughts? Jack.

Comment

I would pass on the Carvin. Too many bugs. Wait until its been out for a solid year.

Comment

Good point John, they are still banging out the bugs on those, too bad the features for the buck are amazing. Carvin doesn`t have a transferable warranty, or I would buy it and if it had problems it would still be under warranty, but that isn`t the case. Jack.

Comment

2210..I had two of them..Those are REAL Marshalls!!!

Well, I sure think so!

They should only go up in value if you get an good one and keep it nice..
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

2210. I think if you're looking for a modern 3 channel amp, the JSX is awfully hard to beat in it's class. I'd use one over a recto any day of the week, or over most marshalls.

Pete

Comment

What are these JSX's going for Pete?

Comment

for about a grand out the door new..My guess.

My Cuz is a peavey dealer..

But I wanna check out that Randall Pete's been raving about..
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Does the JSX have alot of gain? Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X