No announcement yet.

Marshall 2210 or 6100LM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slayer, go up to Hollowood Music, in Robinson, if you can, and check em out. Just played one, there, about a month ago. I felt there was enough gain. I was pleasantly surprised by them. You may be, too.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k
      Slayer, go up to Hollowood Music, in Robinson, if you can, and check em out. Just played one, there, about a month ago. I felt there was enough gain. I was pleasantly surprised by them. You may be, too.
      Ya man, I use to deal with Hollowood all of the time until they moved I live in Brentwood Boro and they are twice as far now!! If I get by there, I will play the JSX-Triple XXX and 5150/2 for comparisions sake. I wish they had Boogies!! If they have a Marshall 2203, I will try that also.Are you in Pittsburgh bro? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
        What are these JSX's going for Pete?
        new a little over a grand. I bought mine for $700 used. I still like it, but I really dig some of the touches the Randall RM has like:

Ability to swap out all three preamps, so if I like 2 of the three channels, I can just mix and match until I find the three best ones

Ability to bias each tube seperately - you don't need matched tubes then. Just bias each to the same ma draw. Plus I can run a pair of say KT88s with a pair of EL34s or 6L6s. It really opens up some great possibilities. And since the test points are outside the amp, you don't even need to drop the chassis out - just get behind the amp and measure away.

Oh, and the RM100 uses midi for channel switching, and it's fast and silent. So far, the only thing I don't like is that it hates pedals in the fx loop. I just bought a G-major to toss in there, we'll see how it works. I have to have effects for my cover band (Bark at the moon without flanger? Run like Hell without delay? Eruption without phaser? HELL NO!) so that could be a deal breaker for me. The JSX so far works great with damn near anything in the loop.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
          Does the JSX have alot of gain? Jack.
          More than that 2210 would by a long shot. Not as much as a XXX, but I can get feedback easy with 1/2 gain on the lead channel at home volumes.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
            Ya man, I use to deal with Hollowood all of the time until they moved I live in Brentwood Boro and they are twice as far now!! If I get by there, I will play the JSX-Triple XXX and 5150/2 for comparisions sake. I wish they had Boogies!! If they have a Marshall 2203, I will try that also.Are you in Pittsburgh bro? Jack.
            Yup, South Hills. I know Monroeville GC has the Boogies. To be honest, I tried a Triple Rec, and wasn't wow'ed by it. Was certainly better than the Krankenstein, though.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

South Hills bro!! You have to live close to me I am playing thru my Peavey Ultra 1x12 60 watter into my Madison 4x12 cab, but I nead a different tone, more crunch, maybe the 6L6`s and the Madisons speakers are too smooth. The Madison has the Celestion 85 watt clones in it and they don`t seam to breakup, very loud though, similar to the Lead 80`s. Jack.

Comment

Hey Pete, thanks for the input on the JSX.

When Chris Caffery (Savatage/TSO) was here last year with us, he had a JSX and I wanted mess with it, but he just ran his PODXT through the board at their practices and never pulled out the JSX. We never got around to messing with the JSX as he was pretty rushed.

Had my interest piqued tho...

Comment

I would highly reccomend checking out the JSX. Peavey has come a LONG way, in the past years.
                  Slayer: Yeah, I live right over in the Brookline section.
                  I'm not Ron!

Comment

Guys,

I want to put in a good word for the 6100 (not 6100LM), which is my main amp. I've got the blue tolex version, although it's not the LE (limited edition) with the the brass chassis. I got rid of a TSL to get the 30th. With the right tubes (JJ's in my case) and a bias, the 30th can really rip it up.
                    "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                    X