No announcement yet.

My favorite kind of Muff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't like 'em when I was a kid..I knew they sounded like shit when I didn't know shit..

now that I know a thing or two..they still sound like shit..

so, I'm always right..even when I didn't know it..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
      I didn't like 'em when I was a kid..I knew they sounded like shit when I didn't know shit..

now that I know a thing or two..they still sound like shit..

so, I'm always right..even when I didn't know it..
      Me too.. I think.

Comment

Muff pedals are cool... if you play in Monster Magnet.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Muff pedals. Granted, they are NOT the best for thrash/death metal, or shredding or anything like that. But I like having the most quality sounds available to me as a guitar player that I can get. There are guitar parts that sound way COOLER on a Big Muff than through a "metal" rig.

Comment

Yeah... if youre playing "Inagodadavida" hahaha....

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
              Muff pedals are cool... if you play in Monster Magnet.
              Yes!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                and very yes!!

Comment

I like the 70s IC muffs best myself

Comment

Originally posted by yabba
                    I like the 70s IC muffs best myself
                    Those were grassy knolls back in the 70's..remember this sound..."swquaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw"..nah, it's still there...stuck way in the back of my tongue..."quaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww"...:ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                      ... says the guy whose CAE/VHT rig sounds like a Valvestate? :ROTF:

j/k John, but that'll stick in my mind for a long time!
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

i have a late 70's big muff. it rules. the new ones are not the same. particularly the russian made ones - those suck donkey balls.
                        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I never owned one, but I played at alot of jams in the 70's that had one in the setup. They're a fuzz box..they sounded ok to kick in for leads with a clean setting on a Fender tubed amp, or like ss version amp.

Comment

I've never been a huge fan of the Big Muff sound, but I do own a double muff, it seems to sound different than a conventional Muff to me, using just the single muff setting, it has more of an overdrive character instead of the boomy fuzz. I love the other Electro Harmonixs pedals though, I use a Holy Grail reverb, Small Clone chorus and sometimes drag out The Worm for it's modulated Wah effects, tasty.

Comment

Working...
                            X