Keeley Mods For Pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeley Mods For Pedals

What is a good Keeley mod pedal for a good high gain distortion? I see the do alot of different mods for alot of different pedals. I will be using in front of a Marshall 2203/2210 or the like when I get one, and hopefully that will be soon!! Jack.

Try an AnalogMan SD-1 - although I have heard (I've never heard the Keeley) that it does't have quite as much drive, but how much more do you need?
    Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I nead enough to do old Metallica-Slayer-Death-Megadeth-Testament type stuff. I have an Mt-2 already, but I have heard there are some goods mods out there for these and others. Jack.

Comment

I think the stock Ibanez TS9DX will get you there. I thas different modes. On the highest gain setting its certainly in the METAL zone.

Comment

Good suggestion John, I have never tried a tube screamer, but I will pick one of those up and give it a go!! Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer
            Good suggestion John, I have never tried a tube screamer, but I will pick one of those up and give it a go!! Jack.
            Jack, its a great way to test the waters on a tube screamer because it has different modes which mimic different types of tube screamers. I am very happy with mine and I have had several types of tube screamers in the past both stock and modded.

Comment

Cool!! I am trying to get a 2203 and will try different things in front of it and would like a nice reverb for the loop also. Jack.

Comment

You mean dyi mods? Check out the mods on monte allums site.

http://www.monteallums.com/Product_links.html

The instructions are clear and simple to do.

I did one of his sd-1 and ds-1 mods. I compared them side by side to my keeley ds-1 and bd-2. The allums ds-1 was pretty good, but not as loud as the keeley. All are very usable.
                "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

Thanks Frosty!! I definitely want loud and aggressive Jack.

Comment

Where is the best prices for the TS9DX and the like? Jack.

Comment

I heard some samples of the TS9DX and they sound kinda light, not much drive or distortion, not near what my MT-2 has. Maybe it was just the samples on MF`s site? Jack.

Comment

Wow!! I just heard the Keeley modded MT-2, that thing fuckin rocks I am so getting one of those. It smokes the TS9DX even in stock mode, but the Triple Diode and Ultra mode are over the top Now I just nead the amp Jack.

Comment

You don't want a super high gain pedal to go in front of that 2203 - if you're going to do that, just say fuck it and buy a much cheaper amp.

Here's the thing - you're buying the 2203 because you want it to sound like a 2203, just a little more gain, right? Put that metal zone in front of it and you're totally blowing the Marshall tone out the window. You do not need much gain to push an already distorted amp - a *stock* tube screamer has PLENTY to do what you want. Again, if you want to just get an amp to make pedals sound loud, get a crate VC series or something.

Pete

Comment

+1

I use the ZW 44 in front of a 2204 and Im square in Thrash Territory

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                            You don't want a super high gain pedal to go in front of that 2203 - if you're going to do that, just say fuck it and buy a much cheaper amp.

Here's the thing - you're buying the 2203 because you want it to sound like a 2203, just a little more gain, right? Put that metal zone in front of it and you're totally blowing the Marshall tone out the window. You do not need much gain to push an already distorted amp - Pete
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

The SD-1/Marshall combo is the Official Thrash Metal Tone. A Tubescremer will work, too, but the SD-1 is a little "edgier".
                              Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X