Mesa Boogie Warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Warranty?

Anybody here ever deal with Boogie on an amp with an intact warranty?
    I have a Stiletto with the 5 year transferrable warranty. Its mint except for the fact that something is wrong with it. The problem is that I don't have the original Bill of Sale because I didn't buy it new. The original warranty card was never filled out or registered.
    Any suggestions??

call Mesa John. They are super easy to deal with and will most likely work with you on this especially since the amp is so new. I had a problem with a Studio .22 (yeah, I know how long ago those were new) and they fell over themselves to help me out. Super guys to deal with.

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Yes, good advise. Call them.
      I bought a Road King from MARS just as they were going out of business. Mesa came out with the RK upgrade so I want it on mine. The first thing out of the Mesa customer service rep was "Well if you bought this amp from MARS and got as going out of business deal, you are out of luck".

I was like WTF!, but kept my cool kept talking with the little fella and explained to him that Mesa should stand behind their product for whatever prescribed time period there is and not worry about what kind of deal the customer got. Mesa got paid and what they are doing, with price fixing, is bordering in unethical practices anyway.

He thought about it and I got the upgrade under warranty. Started bad but they were amicable to the situation.
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Thats exactly what I am going to do on Monday.

Comment

Sounds like mesa have the goods when it comes to dealing with customers, a very good business move. Happy people = multiple buys

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
            Anybody here ever deal with Boogie on an amp with an intact warranty?
            I have a Stiletto with the 5 year transferrable warranty. Its mint except for the fact that something is wrong with it. The problem is that I don't have the original Bill of Sale because I didn't buy it new. The original warranty card was never filled out or registered.
            Any suggestions??

Well...do you know wher eit was bought from? Places have to keep shit on file for 7 years for the IRS. Throw that line out to them when they don't want to give you a receipt.

Other than that, you'll need a piece of paper from the seller to you saying that you bought it and yada yada yada.

Also, Mesa is great to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Deneb
              Well...do you know wher eit was bought from? Places have to keep shit on file for 7 years for the IRS. Throw that line out to them when they don't want to give you a receipt.

Other than that, you'll need a piece of paper from the seller to you saying that you bought it and yada yada yada.

Also, Mesa is great to deal with.
              It was a JCF members amp. His screen name is Rupe. He hasn't responded to any of my requests so far.

Comment

So.. I am pretty much up crap creek with this Stiletto Deuce.
                I spoke to Marcus at Mesa and he told me to check 2 things.
                1. jump the send and return and see if the amp works with the loop switch enabled. It doesn't. Turning the solo and master output knobs on 10 barely gets me to a bedroom volume. Disengage the loop switch and the amp works fine.
                2. Check V4 which is the tube for the loop. I replaced it and the amp is still the same.
                Because I don't have the original BOM (even though the amp is mint with only 20 hours on it and I have every shred of paperwork and tags except for the BOM) Mesa only directed me to a local authorized Mesa repair center. Unfortunately... none of them are close to me at all. I called one and they never called back.
                Are there any Mesa amp tech guru's here that can guide me in some deep troubleshooting or suggest what I should do? Everybody seems to think its a bad preamp tube in V4 but I replaced it. What else would cause this problem??
                With the loop disengaged the amp works perfect.
                As soon as I activate the loop I lose 95% of my volume. Even with the master output on 10 and the channel levels on 10 its barely louder then bedroom level. WTF..... What should I be looking at.

Comment

Odd that Mesa wasn't that helpful.

Perhaps try the "boogie board"? Someone might've run into a similar problem.. http://forum.grailtone.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed

Perhaps try the "boogie board"? Someone might've run into a similar problem.. http://forum.grailtone.com/
                    I posted on the Boogie Board and I was directed to contact Boogie along with checking out the V4 preamp tube that controls the loop.
                    This sucks big because I am sure its something really simple.

I only got 2 responses on the Boogie Board. The last time I posted a question I got 0 responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
                      Eh. When I had a reverb problem on my F-30, they wouldn't help me since I had no proof of purchase! I did have the original box and manuals and everything, though, but I was at least the third owner of the amp and they didn't want to help, told me I was basically out of luck for warranty work and had to find someone else to fix it.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                        Eh. When I had a reverb problem on my F-30, they wouldn't help me since I had no proof of purchase! I did have the original box and manuals and everything, though, but I was at least the third owner of the amp and they didn't want to help, told me I was basically out of luck for warranty work and had to find someone else to fix it.
                        That is what they are telling me except only authorized Boogie repair centers can work on it because they won't give out the schematics on the amp so my local guy can fix it.
                        What I am looking at is having to send it away to another state for repair.
                        The shipping to will be around $30.00. They want $50.00 shipping back to me and its a $100.00 min bench diagnostic test not including what it will cost to fix it. I am looking at around $250.00 min.
                        This sucks.... HUGE.
                        I am frankly surprised that Boogie shot me down after I spoke to them and mentioned how many Mesa Boogie amps I have owned over the last 20+ years. They are not interested in helping me out so far. Its too bad I don't know somebody there but I have never had issues with any Boogies I owned in the past so I never had the need to call them.

Comment

I think I am going to give Voodoo Amps a call tomorrow. They do mods on the Stiletto so I am sure they can fix it. They are only 1 state away too and I feel more comfortable sending the amp to somebody I know is good.

Comment

John, trace at voodoo is the shit. There's a guy on HC with a stiletto that blew up and mesa would NOT cover the repairs under warranty - I'll have to dig the thread up and post a link. he was pretty pissed.

Pete

Comment

If you look at the authorized dealers, there is a guy at a place called "engineered sound" that does Mesa repairs. He's basically a genius in electronics, and probably could help you. His name is Dave. I no longer have his number, but I would check the service center list. He's in State College PA.

Comment

Working...
                              X