Mesa Boogie Warranty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deneb
    If you look at the authorized dealers, there is a guy at a place called "engineered sound" that does Mesa repairs. He's basically a genius in electronics, and probably could help you. His name is Dave. I no longer have his number, but I would check the service center list. He's in State College PA.
    Yea.. his name is Dave Sarge but so far I can't locate him.

Comment

I just found Dave's number. I'll give him a call tomorrow too. Thanks!!

Comment

Yeah, if he can't walk you through it on the phone, at the very least, you may be able to have him repair it, maybe a bit more reasonable than anywhere else, and since he used to engineer for Mesa, it's just like Mesa :P

Damn shame you cannot get that receipt though.

Comment

I use Dave's sound repair. His service has been outstanding, and he is an authorised Mesa service center.
          http://www.gti.net/junebug/dave/
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

OK JC, I purchased a stiletto and had no bill of sale, i called them up and they said they would honer the warrenty if i needed, however instead of the warrenty being from when the guy purchased the amp, it would be from the ship date. Mesa can look up the ship date by the S/N.

So my suggestion to you is call back mesa and say, listen this amp comes with a transferrible warrenty, I know you can look up the ship date and have in the past for others and honor the warrenty from that date. Tell them you own many mesa amps, but if you they refuse to help you here even if the amp is still under warrenty, then they just lost a huge customer and someone that will let anyone know that he meets not to buy mesa.

It is all about sales, if he cant help you, then tell him you want the supervisor or Randall Smith directly.

Comment

call them and tell them to send YOU the schematics so that you can repair the amp yourself. ( they have sent me schematics many times) then take it to your repair guy with the schematics.
              Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

They wouldn't send me the schematics either. I tried to get them to honor the transferrable warranty but I had no luck. Marcus at Mesa told me they have really been cracking down the warranty policies lately.
                I called Dave Sarge at Engineered Sound and I sent the amp to him. He was working at Mesa since Randall was making amps in his garage. He is known around the Mesa world as a genius. He's a professor and a heck of a nice guy to talk to.
                Its gonna cost me but the good news is that Dave is doing the Hollywood Mod to my Stiletto. He told me its an extensive mod requiring a few hours and quite a few components. Basically the Hollywood mod adresses the Crunch, Tight Gain and Fluid Drive channels. Many Hollywood Stiletto users I spoke to told me that the mod pushes the Stiletto Deuce closer to the modern Rectifier tone and everyone that I spoke to raved about the mod.
                The Clean Channel is unaffected.
                The Crunch channel will be like a vintage JCM800 but with 10% more gain.
                Th Tight Gain channel will be like a modded JCM800. This channel will sound fantastic for tight hard driven metel rhythm.
                The Fluid Drive channel will be like a cross between a JCM800 and a Dual Rectifier. Its clearer and more focused with more sizzle and drive. Think of it as a EL34 driven Dual Rectifier with a massive amount of midrange.
                This mod is pretty expensive (around $200+) but Dave figured that based on the problem my amp has its probably a simple repair so it would be really cost effective to have the Hollywood Mod done at the same time.
                I listened to some clips of a series 1 Stiletto with the Hollywood Mod and all I can say is... I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL I GET MY HANDS ON THIS AMP!!!
                To my 45 year old metal blasted years it sounded like a perfect blend of a Dual Rectifier and a modded JCM800 with a perfect liquidy clean channel.
                I should get the amp back the 2nd week of August. I am pretty stoked about it actually. Watch out Vetta.

Comment

Yeah, Dave has a realy good turn around. Also JG, he's not just ANY professor, he's the head of the electronics department at PSU Main campus. When it comes to electronics, the guy is a god damned genius.

He's done work on my JCM800, TSL100, Triple Rectifier, Mark 2C, and maybe something else. He's always willing to give me advice, and his turn around is usually quick (The only time it wasn't was when Mesa had fucked up and sent him the wrong parts).

Comment

Any input on getting one of my dual recs modded at voodoo? The clips sure are appealing. Mostly looking for tone improvements on Ch1 and Ch2 for live performance. Not metal, but roc (sorry to say). Worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cybersavior
                      Any input on getting one of my dual recs modded at voodoo? The clips sure are appealing. Mostly looking for tone improvements on Ch1 and Ch2 for live performance. Not metal, but roc (sorry to say). Worth it?
                      I didn't send my Stiletto to Voodoo. I sent it to Engineered Sound in PA.

Comment

JG, do you prefer the results? Is there value?

Comment

Originally posted by Cybersavior
                          JG, do you prefer the results? Is there value?
                          I was recommended by the members of the Mesa Boogie Forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X