SpiderII 30: close the back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpiderII 30: close the back?

Hey, I was thinkin to close the back of my spider 30, someone of you already tried this? Would I get a tighter sound out of it?

Ya know..I never though of that...Um maybe!!

To me it's just a practice amp..it's my kids' amp..I just use it for what it is..

No, I never tried my BBE in it either..and I'm not!!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Someone recently (sorry, didnt see who first) posted a link to cab construction. I read some of it, just to get some insight, and one of the points were the simplicity involved in making an open back cab, no baffling, or interior construction really. Then went on to read about closed back, how baffles are used, porting, etc. That being said, I dont know...

JK, I would imagine on a small practice amp, it would tighten the response up a bit, since it would just be used at primarily low volumes. Pure speculation on my part though.
      www.myspace.com/madeaband
      www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

I know it's a SS modeling amp, but does it need the open back to vent heat? If it does and you close it up, the amp could overheat and be damaged, and I'm sure the warranty'd be void.

Unless you just wanted to buy or build a separate sealed 112 cab and run it that way. You can just clip the speaker clips onto a 1/4" jack and run a speaker cord to the sealed cab. No danger to the amp of overheating.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

modeling amps have eq curves set for use with open and with closed back cabs. since that combo comes open, it's output processing is set up for open back. so unless you can change the ouput processing for use with closed back (or stack option) i would leave it alone.

the pod units have this output option. i do not know if the spider series or any of the combo's have this option.
          Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Working...
          X