G-Major help - somewhat urgent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-Major help - somewhat urgent

Hey folks, just got a G-major in. However, I can't get the friggin' thing to edit parameters - according to the manual you double click on the effect block key you would like to edit.

I can turn effects OFF and ON, but nothing else. I tried using the parameter wheel after tapping it twice and nada.

This is getting frustrating - I went ahead and did a complete system reset, and am running 1.27 software. Any ideas? It's urgent because if there is a problem with this then it's going back to the seller ASAP.

Pete

I dont know if this will help you, but I have the g-force and you have to go into the effects mode to alter any paramters. I just click on the effects main button under a preset and then click on which effect you want to alter. This will bring up all the parameters for each individual effect.

Comment

Pete, sounds to me that you are trying to edit a factory preset and trying to store it in a factory position. You must store modded presets (user or factory) in the User preset locations only.

I bet thats the issue. It happened to me when I first got mine.

Comment

No, I got it to work - I have to nearly punch the buttons and really rapidly too. So far I think the flange kinda sucks, chorus is nice, verbs and delays are nice. Still in 'learning' mode though. Thanks for the help guys!

Pete

Comment

I've never have gotten past the presets. I'm old school. I should go back to guitar-cord-amp method:ROTF: I can pretend I'm Angus at least.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Gotta double click fast like a mouse. Yes I agree the flange isnt exactly EVH quality. I've been using that effect and para EQ to try to get the EVH sound. I'm close but it's still too thin IMO. Oh well.. I use it mainly for verb and delay - those are great. Compression and gate are very good too. After 5 years of owning mine I'm still in love.

Comment

Working...
            X