No announcement yet.

Clean boost - OD pedal in the effects loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, i never got around to trying my boost pedal in the loop tonight. got too busy with other shit.

but i will say that the randall rm100 is brilliant. what a great amp.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tim, on your RM100 - what are you using for effects? I'm not happy with anything that I've put through mine... I may be getting rid of it.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable
        I did too. Probably for at least 10 years.
        It was the DOD FX10 Bi-Fet preamp. It was black and totally clean. Except for a really light to the touch switch.. it was a killer clean boost.
        Yep, that's the one! I love that pedal. It's the only pedal that is essential in my rig.

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
          Tim, on your RM100 - what are you using for effects? I'm not happy with anything that I've put through mine... I may be getting rid of it.

Pete
          I'm using pedals. Here is the painfully detailed gear breakdown for last night's practice:
          • Boss tuner
          • Digitech Whammy
          • Bad Horsie II
          • TS808 reissue
          • modded DS-1
          • Fulltone Ultimate Octave
          • Fulltone ChoralFlange
          • Maxon AD-999 analog delay
          • For modules I used the Black Face, Plexi, and I swapped between the Tweed and XTC in the third slot.
          • Guitars were my Floyd Rose Korina V and a Don Grosh Strat with Fralin Blues Specials.

I didn't use the Fulltone Ultimate Octave or the DS-1 much.

It sounded great.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps

Pete
            Curious. What have to tried putting through it? I was checking these out, and I HAVE heard similar complaints.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

I have an RM100 and run some pedals with mine. Here is a list of them which I also use with my Bogner Uberschall:

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
              Boss Harmonist
              Fulltone OCD
              Fulltone Choralflange
              Guyatone Delay
              Hush The Pedal (older one, not the current version)

I also had an Electroharmonix reverb and phaser but they dropped my volume when turned on so I got rid of them and will soon replace them with a Retro-Sonic phaser and possibly the upcoming reverb from T-Rex. Also going to look into the Marshall Reflector. Anyway, the above pedals sound good through my RM100. Granted, everything is a bit quieter through the Uberschall but the Randall just takes some experimenting with to see what sounds better through the parallel loop and what is preffered through the series loop.

Rudy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
              X