Marshall 1987X Mods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall 1987X Mods???

I'm thinking of getting some mods done (like channel switching and a master volume) on my spare 50 watt Marshall. Something like what Splawn does or that guy in Montana or Wyoming (forgot his name). What do you guys suggest? The amp is basically new. I don't even use the amp now. It's way too loud for the home studio. Most of the stuff I play is 80's an earlier.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

I'd call Splawn and see what he has to offer....I think Hippie Tim did a similar thing with his Marshall and he loved it.

Comment

I'm not sure if Splawn is still doing Mods.

Voodoo Amps and Cameron would be a good bet, Camerons mods will take forever and a day but from what I can tell, its worth the wait.
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

My Splawn modded 1987x is killer. Absolutely amazing. It only does one sound of course
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz
          I'm not sure if Splawn is still doing Mods.

Voodoo Amps and Cameron would be a good bet, Camerons mods will take forever and a day but from what I can tell, its worth the wait.
          According to his website he is still doing the 2 button foot control mod. I noticed the 3 button foot pedal mod with the extra stage is not on there anymore.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Has anyone used David Bray? http://www.davidbrayamps.com/ The descriptions of the mods sound pretty good. Damn, he is the only amp modification guy I know of that will mod a Marshall 2210. Most folks stay away from these channel switching amps.
            Last edited by Bengal65; 07-27-2006, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Voodoo will do a 2210, and just about any other tube Marshall you can imagine.

Comment

Working...
              X