WTF just happened!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF just happened!?

ok, so, i just acidently ran the line out of the power amp into the input of the amp (i was switich chords and i zoned out, it happens, lol). Obviously this isnt supposed to happen.

when i plugged it in the volume indicator jumped, and something (something i couldnt really see) sparked near the little grate where the tube is. It sparked and a few plumes of smoke also came out. I went and plugged it back into my speaker cabinet, and it seems to be working fine tone wise, but im picking up radio stations now. any idea what might of happened?
    www.soundclick.com/patricklukens

www.myspace.com/patricklukens

You have been abducted by little green aliens.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton
      You have been abducted by little green aliens.
      CRAP! those bastards!!!!!!

Comment

"Little green men, about four foot. Maybe they wanna kick some BUTT!"

I'm not Ron!

Comment

you've fucked it. get it repaired or replaced. by overloading, you've probably damaged the circuitry. it could be a resistor or two and burnt the board. without these, you're vulnerable to more distant frequencies, including tetra and rf transmitters.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
            you've fucked it. get it repaired or replaced. by overloading, you've probably damaged the circuitry. it could be a resistor or two and burnt the board. without these, you're vulnerable to more distant frequencies, including tetra and rf transmitters.
            moshwitz (who i bought it from) suggests i should try replacing the tubes.

The amp still sounds great btw, if i havent mentioned that already. And i turned on the noisegate and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi
              +1

If you don't get it looked at, you risk more damage which = more $$$$ OR you could just keep playing it until the little green men get pissed and piss on it.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n
                +1

If you don't get it looked at, you risk more damage which = more $$$$ OR you could just keep playing it until the little green men get pissed and piss on it.
                +2

I'd say it's worth it to have someone check it out.. Stuff like that is so bitter when some months later you realize that you could have avoided shelling out $$$$ if you weren't so lazy

Comment

Working...
                X