Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Racerx2k
    I got two words for you: Van Cherone.
    I have a friend that is a hardcore VH fan and Loves that!

chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

• if i were a betting man, i'd say his homeless look is just a schtick. put some new pants/shoes on him, give him a hair cut and he'd look like he was in excellent shape. he's got six pack abs and he's thin. and not crack addict thin. healthy thin. maybe he's making a completely conscious decision to eliminate "image" distractions from his life. maybe he got fed up with finding the latest "hip" clothes. maybe he dresses that way because he can? maybe those boots are damn comfortable. who the fuck knows?

regarding namm, how many people binge drink at that event? 90%? so what?

regarding his playing, maybe it's not IMPORTANT to him right now to keep his chops up. after his divorce with valerie b, gee, maybe he wants to focus on this new relationship. maybe he thinks its more of a priority to make things right with his new soul mate than to please all the ssbms on all these internet boards.

i find it ironic that we spend all our time on this board (i'm guilty as charged) and judge a living legend on how he chooses to live his life.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

• ....yeah, so, about that amp head........
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat
          What's stupid is to act as if you have to teabag someone who's a wreck today in order to respect his past. The guy's a rock legend - who today has declined for no good reason. Jason Becker, now THERE'S someone worthy of respect. He can't even move anymore, but still composes music. Then there's Ed, smoking and drinking himself to death just because he feels sorry for himself and is bitter towards everyone he's ever played with besides his brother. What do you think Becker would give to have the dexterity that still remains to Ed? What a waste!
          heh, you outdid yourself. that is now the new stupidest post in the thread. :ROTF:
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• And maybe Eddie doesn't have to keep his chops up because for all intents and purposes, he put shred guitar on the fucking map

Note I did not see he invented it, or Jesus or Yaweh or Muhammed gave Eddie the gift of shred..but Eddie brought aggressive, in your face rock guitar with swagger and attitude to the masses. He opened the river, it was the next generation's resposibilty to expand on that. He does not have to improve, that is like saying BB King needs to "improve". "Hey, B.B. there is this kid out there named Stevie Ray Vaughan and he can smoke your ass...time to woodshed". Yeah, that is absurd at that level and absurd at EVH's level. Eddie will never improve, he reached the pinnacle and passed the torch to the next set of guys to take it yet further. He knows that. I know that. YOU know that.

And for the douche that pointed to his shoes and aped my "rhythm master" comment...damn straight. Eddie could probably boogie his ass off playing with his feet.

Mike
            Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Comment

• "He does not have to improve, that is like saying BB King needs to "improve". "Hey, B.B. there is this kid out there named Stevie Ray Vaughan and he can smoke your ass...time to woodshed". Yeah, that is absurd at that level and absurd at EVH's level."

Good analogy. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

• Its a Fender. most likely a variation of the new Super Sonic. But yeah it does look like a B-52. Thats the first thing that came to mind when i say it. And I see B-52s all day long at work. But i have it on good authority that its a fender amp. Fenders R&D peopla have been working with eddie ever since the Charvel Artist series deal. Then the Peavey contract expired so they all had their people call each others people and walah. A EVH signature Fender. It only makes sense. ALthouhg he needs to lose that tired lookin wolfgang and get the charvel out again. Did anybody else check out the video clips for the movie sound track hes doin? Theres supposed to be 2 new solo EVH songs in the movie Rise sounds like it could be cool but with a crapy computer and only a 30 second exerpt its hard to tell. But he did have Frankie in the video and it sounded like it too.
                Gil

Comment

• Irony

Originally posted by SeventhSon
                  if i were a betting man, i'd say his homeless look is just a schtick. put some new pants/shoes on him, give him a hair cut and he'd look like he was in excellent shape. he's got six pack abs and he's thin. and not crack addict thin. healthy thin. maybe he's making a completely conscious decision to eliminate "image" distractions from his life. maybe he got fed up with finding the latest "hip" clothes. maybe he dresses that way because he can? maybe those boots are damn comfortable. who the fuck knows?

regarding namm, how many people binge drink at that event? 90%? so what?

regarding his playing, maybe it's not IMPORTANT to him right now to keep his chops up. after his divorce with valerie b, gee, maybe he wants to focus on this new relationship. maybe he thinks its more of a priority to make things right with his new soul mate than to please all the ssbms on all these internet boards.

i find it ironic that we spend all our time on this board (i'm guilty as charged) and judge a living legend on how he chooses to live his life.
                  My thoughts exactly.

Expressing concern is one thing. Though none of us know enough to know whether it's well-founded or not, I don't fault anyone for wishing the best for the guy.

A bunch of anonymous keyboard jockeys who, as far as we know, have contributed absolutely nothing to the world of rock guitar virtually high-fiving each other over how this legend needs a fork stuck in him, needs to be buried, isn't as good as we are (if only we were given a chance), etc. is an entirely different matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim
                    heh, you outdid yourself. that is now the new stupidest post in the thread. :ROTF:
                    So you think it's stupid to say it's a shame Jason Becker is paralyzed while Ed wastes the dexterity he still has? Wow, man! What happened to you, Tim?
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

So you think it's stupid to say it's a shame Jason Becker is paralyzed while Ed wastes the dexterity he still has? Wow, man! What happened to you, Tim?
                      you are paraphrasing your post. that's not what you said. if you want to be that literal and nitpicky then the bigger waste of dexterity is the bullshit being spewed in this thread on both sides of the mudslinging.

you are passing a value judgement on eddie that has nothing to do with jason at all.

nothing happened to me - i've always been this way. it's not like you and i have ever made a love connection on any topic i can recall dude.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Love connection, no, but we used to get along, now we butt heads. And you do seem more bitter these days, and not just toward me. You seem to have everything any of us would want, yet you seem unhappy. I know why I'm unhappy, my health is shot and I'm counting my days. You, however, have a great job, wife, house, beacoup gear and, I assume, your health. So what's wrong?

I will agree this is a wasted debate. You have a right to your opinion, just as I and those expressing a similar POV have the right to ours. Neither should be any skin off the other's ass. And neither is going to sway the other.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• if evh thought that he needed to cut heads with some dude on the jcf, he'd crack his knuckles and kick his ass two times. wtf. this is getting beyond ridiculous. that video is the equivalent of you and i relaxing on the couch and scratching our balls.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

• Originally posted by SeventhSon
                            that video is the equivalent of you and i relaxing on the couch and scratching our balls.
                            Must you always use the gayest analogies in your posts?
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I hate to get off topic, but...Didn't some one once suggest that EVH was working with Fender to make a sig amp based on the Bassman 300 Pro? It was a long time ago, but I'm sure I read it here.

ps...Rich..."my health is shot and I'm counting my days" Don't like to hear that Bro...Hope you are off on your counting.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Would you rather just pat someone on the shoulder and say everything's great, as they gradually shrivel and die needlessly? Or would you rather show enough balls to say "You're fucking up! Get off your ass, clean up and get in the fucking woodshed!" Maybe if enough people are honest enough to tell Ed that he sucks TODAY instead of just teabagging him verbally, he'll get mad and clean up.
                                you gotta be fucking kidding me, get a grip dude!!!
                                Who has been patting on Ed's shoulder?
                                I've never met him!!!
                                If I say "Get of your ass, clean up etc." does it really matter?
                                Is Ed reading this forum?
                                Meeting him personally is another thing, I happen to hate alcoholism, smoking, drug addiction etc. and I always say what's on my mind, but I'm not seeing Ed, and that's it, there is no point talking about all that in a guitar forum.
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X