No announcement yet.

Pics of NEW EVH Amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bottom line when Eddie dies, 10 years later everybody will be talking about the genuis in him NOT his shoes. People will always rag the top guys, look what Zakk is going through now, "every song is the same, chugga chugga, harmonic" but he put out some incredible songs that will go down in rock history. Also if it wasn't for Ed the "sport" of shred wouldn't be half as advanced as it is. So respect what he DID and leave him alone as person.

Comment

All I want to know is what was in the paper bag....

-Nate
      Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by MBreinin
        I am saying if you had written it and Van Halen had perfromed it...i.e if you had the publishing rights to it. I know it is a weak song..I refuse to listen to it I hate it so much...but it was a big hit.

Mike
        I liked it. I liked that whole fuckin album. I wore out a couple copies of it. I liked every album that came before it as well. I remember when the first album came out, I was still in middle school and I LOVED it. I did not like the post 1984 stuff. That doesn't mean I think it sucks, just isn't my cup of tea. I dont know whats up with Ed, and I neither feel let down that he hant cleaned himself up, nor do I think his life is any of my buisness. If he puts out soemthing new that crushes, I wil get it. Until then, I will do my own thing.

chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Originally posted by magh8
          just another look at it

Maybe he'll start playing songs with his toes....he is the rhythm master you know.

Comment

...now, about that amp....................
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat
              Here's the thing: Everything the irate defenders of Ed have said here about his writing and legacy is true. Have you guys even noticed that NO ONE HAS DISPUTED ANY OF THAT?!?!?! We are talking about the depth he has sunken to TODAY!!!
              Duh. I get it dude. Really. But you guys are being dicks about it. I think it's sad how Eddie has apparently sunk as well.

I posted a list of JCFers who I feel can smoke EVH as guitarists, in response to a statement that no one here could touch EVH - "even today". That was a truly misguided thing to claim, that "even today". It's always dangerous to play the "Fuck you, no one here can do better" card when you are at best mistaken, at worst just trying to insult anyone who doesn't share your view.
              I am perfectly happy to be proven wrong. Please post clips by someone on the JCF playing something better than Eddie's last VH tour. I've listened to a lot of clips from folks around here - plenty of them are very good but I've never heard anyone here better than Eddie. I'm not saying they don't exist, just that I've not heard it. So by all means, point me to the clips.

Would you rather just pat someone on the shoulder and say everything's great, as they gradually shrivel and die needlessly? Or would you rather show enough balls to say "You're fucking up! Get off your ass, clean up and get in the fucking woodshed!" Maybe if enough people are honest enough to tell Ed that he sucks TODAY instead of just teabagging him verbally, he'll get mad and clean up.

As he is now, he's going to leave Wolfie an orphan in a few years and when that's preventable, then ED is a POS for going down this road of slow death.
              You've got all the answers don't you. Sheesh. How uninspiring.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I actually like his shoes, in fact I'm wearing a similar pair right now!
                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

You are an enabler for someone like EVH. Your unconditional praise allows him to wallow in a pool of alcohol and nicotine that's killing him. His true fans should be telling him to dry out and hit the woodshed. Kissing his ass is not helping him at this point in his life.
                  That is just about the stupidest thing I've read in this thread.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by horns666
                    John and I should just throw up some shreddage..for shits and giggles...it'll be fun anywhoo..we were just talking about that..
                    Please do. You've been telling us for a year about how great your bass solo is and we're still waiting :ROTF:

- Newc

Comment

• I was front row for a Vh 2004 show, paid A LOT for the chance to through the VH fan thing. For that chance again, I would PAY ANYTHING Any Eddie is good Eddie. Any VH is GOOD VH
                      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

• Originally posted by horns666
                        Ed could never play Nevermore in his prime, not even close..Jeff could nail anything Ed ever did..without effort..but why..why regress?
                        Being able to copy Eddie is one thing, being able to create it is a whole other matter. Jeff is amazing. No doubt. But there are plenty of guitarists that kick his ass on some level too. Some may be lurking here on the JCF - no doubt lex will point them out to us.

I have just about the whole Nevermore collection now thanks to you and while I love this stuff and the guitar playing, there is nothing ground breaking or revolutionary about it. And don't take that as a diss in any way - it's not meant that way - as I said, I love the music and his playing.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by magh8
                          just another look at it

I won't comment on this because Eddie is still dressed better than me :ROTF:

But at least he's not wearing fishnet stockings and a pink spandex headband. Eddie has a long way to go before he looks as silly as the guys in Ratt, Poison, Dokken, Motley Crue, etc. did at the height of their popularity.

- Newc

Comment

• Per the comment a few pages back about Phil Collen's physique (Man, now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write! ) He's pretty much the polar opposite of Eddie. He's a strict vegan, doesn't smoke or drink anymore, and is actually pretty hardcore into Muy Thai kickboxing. As far as Eddie goes, the dude can play circles around me even in "crackhead mode". But, if I were playing the same songs in concert for 20+ years, I would hope i could "wow" em.
                            What has 9 arms and 10 legs? Def Leppard

Comment

• Originally posted by Drsracing
                              I was front row for a Vh 2004 show, paid A LOT for the chance to through the VH fan thing. For that chance again, I would PAY ANYTHING Any Eddie is good Eddie. Any VH is GOOD VH
                              I got two words for you: Van Cherone.
                              I'm not Ron!

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim
                                That is just about the stupidest thing I've read in this thread.
                                What's stupid is to act as if you have to teabag someone who's a wreck today in order to respect his past. The guy's a rock legend - who today has declined for no good reason. Jason Becker, now THERE'S someone worthy of respect. He can't even move anymore, but still composes music. Then there's Ed, smoking and drinking himself to death just because he feels sorry for himself and is bitter towards everyone he's ever played with besides his brother. What do you think Becker would give to have the dexterity that still remains to Ed? What a waste!
                                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X