Pics of NEW EVH Amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MBreinin
    Yeah, Roth is insane. I also disagree with the 15 year statement. Balance had some great tunes and that was "only" 11 years ago!

Mike
    You know.. I was going to say 10 years but I got on a roll.

Comment

• DLR maybe can hit it in the studio but can't live, I've seen him 4 times in the past 6 years. Sammy can wipe him off stage vocally anyday anytime.

Sure Dave has the technically better VH catalog, but right now. Ed needs Sammy
      I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

• Oh man, let's not start the peanut gallery in on DLR now, too. I don't have that much time to devote to this.

Comment

• JG, for my part, my posts were NOT a response to criticism of the video (BTW, I agree the video sucks, but one brief video clip of some jamming at a backyard barbecue proves NOTHING whatsoever), but a response to the general, continuing trend of uninformed, ignorant, and often cruel posts slamming EVH every time his name comes up, no matter what the topic is supposed to be (remember, the topic in this thread was supposed to be pics of a new signature amp, believe it or not).

It usually starts innocently enough when someone asks about the EVH Art Series Charvels or something. Then someone complains about EVH endorsing gear, or being litigious, etc. Then the same old idiotic posts come out of the woodwork and multiply, calling him a bum/homeless/crackhead, comparing him to your favorite player, etc.

It happens over and over and over, and it's a pointless pain in the neck to wade through these totally baseless, uninformed posts while looking for info about the actual thread topic. That's why I provided a list of some of the oft-repeated tripe with responses.

And with regard to Tim's recent posts above, while you may disagree on some of the details (e.g., Yngwie is still amazing), Tim's overall points, that the list of gifted people who have let us down is huge, and more importantly, none of us know what is really going on in EHV's personal life anyway, are 100% accurate.

Comment

• Just to clarify, I think Yngwie is FUCKING AMAZING. But as a performer he is a little bit of a mockery - nothing tragic at all. But the last few times I saw him I kept waiting for the mini Stonehenge to come down.

He does have a bit of the Boston syndrome with his records though, after the first two they all sound about the same (with an exception or two thrown in of course).
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by jgcable
              Cool post. Of course I have to post one little comment!
              Eddie is one of those players that I would never want a guitarmageddon with but based on that clip... AND THAT CLIP ALONE.... there is no fukking way he would kick my ass on guitar.
              You mention that this is Eddies "I don't give a shit period".
              I agree... TOTALLY. Based on that clip... AND THAT CLIP ALONE... he REALLY doesn't give a shit about playing guitar.
              Not to get too technical here but I thought this thread was a response to the clip posted.
              Based on that clip... AND THAT CLIP ALONE... Eddy sounds like shit and looks like a homeless person.
              ok, if this whole conversation is all about evaluating Eddie solely on THAT CLIP ALONE then sure, he's a mess.

my point in this thread was simply to point out that making a value judgement of anyone based on some random pictures and videos on the Internet is totally retarded.

- Newc

Comment

• Originally posted by hippietim
                ok, if this whole conversation is all about evaluating Eddie solely on THAT CLIP ALONE then sure, he's a mess.

my point in this thread was simply to point out that making a value judgement of anyone based on some random pictures and videos on the Internet is totally retarded.
                I was talking to my bandmates and we sort of agreed that some asshole probably spent his entire pathetic life searching for the one clip of Eddie that had a brief moment in it where he sucked just so threads like this could start up.

Comment

Why worry about his son? It's none of your business.

How the hell could any of you possibly in any reasonable way know what is truly going on based on some random ass lame pictures, MP3s, and bulletin board quips on the Internet?
                  We know of his son, and know going through a problem with a substance abusing parent sucks. I don't know any of the kids starving in Africa, or being genocided in Darfur, but I feel badly for them. You don't have to, that's true.

As for how we know, do you ever see a pic or clip of Ed where he's NOT wasted anymore? We know he's an alcoholic because he admitted it in the guitar mags in the interviews around the time of Balance. The short hair thing was part of his attempt to kick the booze, which also played a part in his father's death.

We also know because Val talked about it when she finally left him, that he'd had the problem all along and she couldn't take him falling off the wagon and back onto cigs after the tongue cancer. It's never been a secret.

At the very least, it's a logical conclusion based on all the evidence we do see. We see evidence of his drunkenness and poor playing. We don't see any evidence of him being alert, aware and on top of his game playing wise.

You have the right to your opinion just as those who disagree with you do. If you really think this thread is so retarded though, why did you bump it, and why do you continue to post in it?
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat
                    You have the right to your opinion just as those who disagree with you do. If you really think this thread is so retarded though, why did you bump it, and why do you continue to post in it?
                    For the amusement of course. Why do you? Do you think we're actually having a valuable debate? (hint: we're not)

- Newc

Comment

For the amusement of course. Why do you? Do you think we're actually having a valuable debate? (hint: we're not)
                      Tim... you totally rock bro.

Comment

• this thread is an auto-fellatio
                        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

• that vid was bad!doesnt realy matter if he has lost his form these days as he will always be remembered for his early groundbraking LP's

Comment

• Originally posted by lerxstcat
                            The short hair thing was part of his attempt to kick the booze, which also played a part in his father's death.
                            Actually, I read in GW that Eddie said the short hair thing was because he lost some kind of bet to a golf buddy and had to shave his head.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

• Tim sorry about the bite me comment i got carried away and lost track.

Gil

Comment

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. Really, you are babbling on like you know what's *really* going on. You don't. You have no idea as to the welfare of his child.

But if you really want to do this, let's build the full list of musicians who have let us all down.

First, let's start with the drug/alcohol dudes:
                                Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Robbin Crosby, Bon Scott, Phil Lynnott, Eddie Van Halen, Tommy Bolin, Most everyone in Guns N' Roses, etc.

Now how about the guys that are just mockerys of themselves:
                                Yngwie, Everyone in Metallica, Yngwie, Eddie Van Halen (yep, he makes both lists based on the slamming here), Yngwie, Ozzy Osbourne, Axl Rose, Yngwie, etc.

Now about the guys that are total posuers these days:
                                Tommy Lee, Zakk Wylde, Everyone in Guns N' Roses (Axl makes all three!), Everyone in Metallica, etc.

The list of people that have thrown away gifts, destroyed themselves with drugs and alcohol, become flaming assholes, etc. is GINORMOUS. We could go on for days like this. Just wait until we hit sports stars. And politicians. I suppose we'll need to add sex scandals to the list.

Or should we just stick to Eddie because you saw some pictures of him on the Internet and now you feel morally superior to him and think you are qualified to judge him?

Hahaha, great post Tim! That one made me laugh for minutes!

chuck
                                "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Working...
                                X