X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARVIN V3 head?

any good? looks like a lot of features
    I like the older X100B
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

If you can, you might want to do a search.. If I remember correctly someone on here had one, and had to return it for a replacement and then ended up not liking it at all..

I've not been blown away really by any clips I've heard, and after seeing a band playing live with one I pretty much decided to avoid it.

Comment

They do have a lot of cool features, but based on what I've read here and on other forums, the reliability seems to be rather hit-or-miss. You might want to check on the Carvin site's forum and over at Carvin Museum.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'd pass on it. Looks like they are still working out the kinks.
        I'm not Ron!

Comment

I tried a couple out - I wasn't thrilled with the tone. Lots of versatility though.
          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

A friend of mine bought one. He ended up sending it back. I didn't like the tone all that much. I am not an anit Carvin snob either...I love my Legacy!

Comment

Carvin always seems to have problems with reliability. I don't know why. One local tech (not a Carvin tech) told me Carvin makes their amps with cheap, car-stereo like parts. Another reason might be if they are machine assembled vs. a hand assembled amp. I don't know. I've had lots of problems with my Carvin SX200D over the years and despite the V3 looking pretty awesome, I would probably avoid it because of reliability.
              Last edited by DCZX; 08-02-2006, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Well, pretty much any mass produced amps will use generic, non high end type parts. I haven't been inside any other Carvin amps except my Legacy, but I will say that my Legacy is nicer laid out, cleaner wired and just plain built better and cleaner than any Peavey amp I have been in.

As an aside, there are many "techs" out there shouldn't be let near an amp, let alone inside one!

Originally posted by DCZX
                Carvin always seems to have problems with reliability. I don't know why. One local tech (not a Carvin tech) told me Carvin makes their amps with cheap, car-stereo like parts. Another reason might be if they are machine assembled vs. a hand assembled amp. I don't know. I've had lots of problems with my Carvin SX200D over the years and despite the V3 looking pretty awesome, I would probably avoid it because of reliability.

Comment

Working...
                X