Blank yo!

Comment

Looks Great bet it sounds betta!!!
      Here's my white JCM 800 half Stack.

Comment

Originally posted by SGplayer
        Looks Great bet it sounds betta!!!
        Here's my white JCM 800 half Stack.
        I've got a white one too. It's the 20th Anniversary with the 2210 head (1982).

That orange looks killer!
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Exactly! you remember the poster out at the time and the Guitar mag pics, just had to get one of them, stll plays great!!! I still have the Marshall poster!! mine is a 2203 #38 out of a 250 run.
          Last edited by SGplayer; 08-01-2006, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Oh man, I love different-looking amps. Cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84
              Oh man, I love different-looking amps. Cool stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP
                I love it.
                I tried to buy one of those about a year ago, Orange is my wife's favorite color.. Great looking amp!!

Comment

My wife had better like orange. It's in our bedroom LOL!

Silver Jub's and Classic Purple and Gold look great as well. I'd really like to a/b my rig against a Jubilee because that has been my "dream amp" since they first came out but I've never owned one. I'd just like to compare the two side-by-side.
                  Last edited by DonP; 08-02-2006, 07:42 AM.

Comment

that purple plexi kinda reminds me of dokken - back for the attack

cool amps

Comment

I had the red version of that 800..

red tolex w/ brown grill cloth..VERY loud amp!!
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well, red is always louder...

Comment

Originally posted by Cleveland Metal
                          Well, red is always louder...
                          I guess..it was a 50 watter..sitting next to a Recto, a 5150 and a 2210...it was by far the loudest of the bunch..

so loud it made your teeth hurt..

I had other 50 wt Marshalls..nothing like that one tho..I dunno..
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Orange Crush... yummy! How much gain do those things have?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam
                              Orange Crush... yummy! How much gain do those things have?
                              Just the right amount. I was trying to nail Iron Maiden because a yahoo (Megadeth7684) on HCAF said he was nailing Maiden with a Fender Maiden strat and a 5150. Listening to his clips, I wasn't impressed, so I tried my own setup. While watching and playing to the Early Days DVD, I almost got it perfect with the clean channel, boost on, and this LP Classic with the 496R/500T combo:

It's just about perfect. The neck tone sounds right, the crunch is right if you play the strings hard, and if you play them soft, it comes across clean for the clean parts of certain songs.

For heavier stuff, the 750XL with the Distortion Mayhem set and the DSL100 in lead channel, mid cut on, bass boost on, nails Master of Puppets. My EMG81 axes (even with 18 volts) just can't cut it like the Duncan Distortion does. I think EMG's work better with 5150's and Mesa Boogies, while passives work better with Marshalls.

Comment

Working...
                              X