No announcement yet.

best amp for iced earth sounds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting how the uber cab is 2 gt75 and 2 v30's. makes me want to try that combo out in my 2x12.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel
      interesting how the uber cab is 2 gt75 and 2 v30's. makes me want to try that combo out in my 2x12.
      wassup man..Ummm..try a 2/12 extension cab..to get an idea??
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The title of this thread is ..best amp for Iced Earth sound..

I been a fan of this band since '97..seen them a few times live..

the verdict..

Uberschall..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've gotten the Iced Earth sound out of a Triple Rec. no problem.
          ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Some nice looking work in those Larry amps. Never heard of them before. Anybody got a link to clips?
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks
              I've gotten the Iced Earth sound out of a Triple Rec. no problem.
              Care to share, Matt?

Comment

I can get it with my kid's Line 6 Spyder II..

it's just much smaller..

Comment

I've been dicking around with the Bomber Uber on my Pod XTL. I think I'm getting pretty close, but the Soldano setting I use is pretty good for his tone too. I'm trying to get more like the sound he had on the last Demons And Wizards record. Love that guitar sound.
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Originally posted by Inearthed
                    Care to share, Matt?
                    Listen to anything off the "Trinity" by Division. We used Alive in Athens and SWTWC as our reference for the tones. (http://www.division-usa.com/media.php)

Stock 3 channel triple rec. 6L6 tubes, bold setting, silicon diode rectifier. From what I remember (It was recrded in 2002) the gain was at 1 o'clock-ish, treble was at 1 o'clock, mids around 9 o'clock, bass lower than the mids (maybe 8:30), presence I don't remember. Patch cord from the effects send to return mix set to full. Mesa over sized cab with C90s, 1 SM-57 and 1 MD-421 into Neve 1272 preamps.

I think a lot of Jon's tone is in the crunch and upper mids, and he has surprisingly little bass in his sound... the bass player really fills out the sound in IE.
                    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

well, i'm mainly after the something wicked sound...it's super fat when he's playing chords, but super tight on the palm muted stuff.
                      i agree with matt that his tone is pretty light on the bottom end, moreso the low mids than the bass. it also has a high mid spike - maybe that's why my cobra can't do it, it's tight but lacks the hi mids.

@matt
                      we had that discussion some time ago i still think that your tone is reminiscent of AiA but nowhere close to SWTWC (mainly because i think those two sound nothing alike ), and i also stand by my opinion that for such a tone an engl blackmore would have been the easiest solution

so, any other suggestions than the bogner uberschall? soldano? engl e530 pre? vht?

Comment

It is a killer sound, i have the uber cab and lets just say you get the best of both words. Noodles borrowed my cab for a gig because his mesa cab he ordered had not come in. He still talks to this day about how my uber cab is the best cab he had ever heard.

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel

Comment

Not not be dick, but does anyone have their own sound?
                          I love admins!

Comment

Originally posted by sl2lover
                            Not not be dick, but does anyone have their own sound?
                            yes..

Comment

Working...
                            X