X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogner Shiva
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Fuchs make some extremely versatile amp I would alway go with a 2x12 combo.

Comment

That new Mesa Rectifier Roadster looks interesting.
        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Laney VC50. 2 switchable channels (clean, lead), each with switchable overdrive. great amp.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Bogner or Bad Cat both make great high end combos. A friend of mine has the Bad Cat Hot Cat 30R and I heard and played one at NAMM last year. Definetly a killer combo amp!
            If Bogner and Bad Cat are too pricey then I'd consider the Randall MTS series combos.

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

the old jcm800 combos were very cool too.

a couple of the current orange combos are cool.

a randall rm series would be kickass too.

i had a bad cat mini-cat. avoid that. it sounded like a turd. it looked like a peach. so it was a peach turd.

combos suck so by my dr. z so i can be rid of combos once and for all!
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Diezel Einstein

and also...not "highend", but I'll testify that the 5150 combo has some awesome rock/metal tone! very good dynamics....for that "alive" sound!

Comment

Rivera, or Matchless if you got the $!
                  I love admins!

Comment

Rivera & Matchless - are they more expensive than Carr?

Comment

I've got a Mesa rectoverb and I'm really pleased with it. I still wished I'd put out the extra for the Mesa Roadster though. Before my rectoverb I had a Mesa Lonestar and if you're looking for a blues, country, classic rock amp then they can't be beat. I hooked a BOSS MT2 up to it and got a killer new metal sound as well but it wasn't as good as my rectoverb for what I was looking for. I've also owned several Line 6 combos and really liked them all but I was wanting to have a "real rig" for a while and Mesa seemed the way for me to go

Comment

Cornford Harlequin or Carrera.

You can find the sound clip of the Harlequin at

They sound exactly the same in person as in the sound clip. I have the Harlequin.

The Harlequin is great for home user and studio recording. If you are planning to bring a combo out for a live gig, the Carrera would be a better choice.

My two cents
                        Foong

Comment

See if Trace at Voodoo Amps will build you a Witchdoctor combo. I am not sure if they build combos..they definitely build heads. I have a VibroChamp with the Witchdoctor preamp mod...but Trace will not do this mod anymore...he only builds complete amps. Either way, they fucking rule. If you like the hotrodded Marshall tone, you can't do much better.

Very glad you like it! We are shipping the Witchdoctor 10watt 1x12" combos so if it's of interest please feel free to check it out on the website (link: http://www.voodooamps.com/witchdoctor.html)

Hope it helps
                          Trace

Comment

Not really high end, but those new Fender Hot Rods in "All white" covering
                            for around $700.00 are killer amps! 2/10's i think? But they wail when they are turned up. At the price, one of the best ive ever heard. I think
                            they are limited to only 800 units. Play one! Amazing tone imo

Comment

I've owned the Vetta II, a 5150 combo, a Flextone III XL and various other peavey/fender combos. None of them really satisfied me.I think the best combos I've played are the Mesa Rectoverb and the Peavey JSX combo.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                                That new Mesa Rectifier Roadster looks interesting.
                                What tone(s) are you looking for?

I've got a Mark IV, and I love it. The Roadster is nice too, though. Be ready to lift 100 pounds!!!

I always heard nothing but great things about Soldano. I'd love to try one, but no local dealers.
                                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X