X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hippietim
    Yeah but you think a Mark IV sounds good
    so?
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Sacrilige!
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

OW! I don't like Mark IVs or... powerballs. Friend of mine had an uber, a powerball, and a mark IV at the same time. I was able to check each of them out... the uber chewed up the other two amps and shit them off a cliff. Then again, I heard a Soldano avenger tear up an uber... part of it is who is dialling them in. but I couldn't get satisified with the tones from the Mk IV or powerball to save my life.

pete

Comment

so has anyone tried the jsx combo? any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by tlingen
            Pete, Let me know about your RM100. Are you going to part with it and how much? I'm looking to buy one in the next week. [email protected]
            D'OH!!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by tlingen
              Pete, Let me know about your RM100. Are you going to part with it and how much? I'm looking to buy one in the next week. [email protected]
              Since Ron put the D'OH! on you but didn't explain, Junior members (under 100 posts and 45 days) are not allowed to buy or sell through this forum. You should edit out the content of that post or you might get banned. Don't get pissed, this is actually a friendly warning.
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the advise lerxstcat, I removed the post. I guess that just puts me back into buying a brand new head. To bad...
                Last edited by tlingen; 08-04-2006, 09:27 PM.

Comment

tlingen removed the post (smart move! ) but Ron & Rich both quoted him so it's still here! Good work, gents
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

oh good grief people. give the guy a break. let the admins deal with it if they care to. it's not like it was some flaming fucking ad.
                    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

oh good grief people. give the guy a break. let the admins deal with it if they care to. it's not like it was some flaming fucking ad.
                      +1! The armchair internet police strick again!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                        BTW, your amp is coming along, sorry I haven't been keeping you updated on it. It weighs about 1/4 as much as the JSX... If the JSX weighed as much as your 18 watt is going to, my back wouldn't hurt so much.
                        Pete, no sweat at all, bro. It gets done when it gets done.

Comment

Hey Pete... you played both extensively.... who would win?
                          Vetta vs JSX ???

Comment

I liked the versatility of the Vetta, but I prefer the JSX for feel and tone. I would rather have the JSX over most of the tube amps I've owned regardless of the price, so it's NOT a 'tube amps are always better' scenario. I can think of several tube amps that I would much rather have a vetta than.

Right now I have the best of both worlds using the GT8 and the JSX and another power amp - I get the awesome effects of the GT8 in stereo, and the touch sensitivity and tones of the JSX. it's a little more to carry around, but if you run a vetta rig you're going to need a midi floorboard, which is what the GT8 is... if I run in mono, it's not really that much more than running the vetta setup I had. For stereo I do need another power amp, and I'm not sure which I'm going to use at gigs - the lighter mosvalve 962 (which sounds good) or the peavey 120/120 which sounds GREAT.

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps
                              I liked the versatility of the Vetta, but I prefer the JSX for feel and tone. I would rather have the JSX over most of the tube amps I've owned regardless of the price, so it's NOT a 'tube amps are always better' scenario. I can think of several tube amps that I would much rather have a vetta than.

Right now I have the best of both worlds using the GT8 and the JSX and another power amp - I get the awesome effects of the GT8 in stereo, and the touch sensitivity and tones of the JSX. it's a little more to carry around, but if you run a vetta rig you're going to need a midi floorboard, which is what the GT8 is... if I run in mono, it's not really that much more than running the vetta setup I had. For stereo I do need another power amp, and I'm not sure which I'm going to use at gigs - the lighter mosvalve 962 (which sounds good) or the peavey 120/120 which sounds GREAT.

Pete
                              I understand what you mean about the "feel" thing.
                              For the next large gig we do I am going to run an a/b system too.
                              My Hollywood modded Stiletto (or my 1987x) and the Vetta.
                              My plan is to use the Stiletto on my side through a 2 x 12 Randall closed back and the Vetta in stereo into a 2 x 12 Randall open and a Mesa 3/4 back cab. The Mesa cab will be on my side too.

Comment

Working...
                              X