Vetta HD wins!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vetta HD wins!!!

OK, I had a gig last night. The place was frikkin MOBBED.
    2 bands. It was a VERY good gig. Guitar players in the 2 bands used:

Marshall DSL100 with a full pedal board
    Mesa Single Rectifier Rectoverb with a full pedal board
    Vetta HD version 2.5 with Longboard

Cabinets used were:
    Mesa standard cab with 2 V30's and 2 T75's
    Marshall 1960a with Vintage 30's

My Vetta was head and shoulders above the other amps in tone and versatility. Numerous people came up to me to compliment my sound including the other guitar players.

Vetta baby.

Comment

Even my drummer came up and complimented the Vetta sound. He said he could hear every single note I played. The other guitarists thought they had really good sound until they heard the Vetta. After that.. they mentioned that their amps sounded like they had blankets over the speakers. I told them that is the price you pay when you have a 100w high gain tube amp that you can only turn up to 3 or 4 tops.
      They also had to do alot of tap dancing. Not me.
      Oh yea... the new wah's in the Vetta 2.5???
      KILLER.

I am continually blown away by my Vetta 2.5
      The only think lacking on it is a slight disconnected feeling I have between my fingers and the sound coming out of the speakers. On the + side..... the sound coming out of the speakers is AWESOME and extremely crowd friendly.

Comment

Do you have your gig patches somewhere?
        "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

On your suggestion JG, I started messing with the Soldano X88 model, very very nice sound. The mids just come roaring out. Stacked against the other guitarists VHT Pitbull, I have to say, it has nothing on my rig whatsoever.

Thanks for the insight btw
          www.myspace.com/madeaband
          www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Very interesting info from hands-on experience. Thanks very much for posting this.

Comment

Yup, I got those all the time too when the vetta went toe to toe with other bands' tube amps at gigs.

I wish I still had the Vetta - I think right now I have the best of both worlds with my setup though. The GT8 running the the JSX' preamp in the fx loop, then returned in stereo to the JSX poweramp on one side and a tube power amp on the other. It gets all the effects but then also the feel of a tube amp, which was the only thing my Vetta lacked.

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X